A&C Tree Service
Areas of service:Las Cruces and Anthony
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact A&C Tree Service
Like us on facebook for a 20% discount
Request an estimate
A&C Tree Service - Las Cruces, NM
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Avery Hamilton may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About A&C Tree Service
A&C Tree Service is a full service tree maintenance and removal company.
Our services include:
- Canopy Shaping
- Dangerous Tree Removal
- Oversized Limb Management
- Hauling (included in estimates)
For A&C Tree Service, no job is too big or too small. We do same day response in most cases and offer free estimates! 575-932-8610
Questions and answers
- How did you get started?
When I was 18 years old, I was cleaning up brush for a tree service in San Antonio, Texas. When I stopped to watch the fellow in the tree I was absolutely astounded and wanted to learn everything I could about this industry.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
When the tree maintenance is completed, the next step is a very thorough clean up in which all debris is hauled.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
Currently we lack any certification other than the valor of our word and experience. However, the primary tree climber is currently studying to be a certified arborist to offer our clientele the most information possible concerning there arboricultural needs.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
Here at A&C Tree Service we like to hire young folks looking for a hand up. We like to be a stepping stone for individuals to move on to bigger things. Hiring college aged individuals gives us more teachable minds to learn a fun trade, appreciate hard work and have a great working environment.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
There really is no specific info necessary other than name and full physical address that the work will be performed.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
The most frequent question is usually "how soon can you get me scheduled?" and the answer is based on when it’s convenient for the client.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
When a customer is looking to save money, thinning and canopy shaping are commonly recommended. It could shade over your home cuts down on heating and cooling bills.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
- Tree Maintenance and Removal
- Proper Pruning Techniques
- Recognition of Poor Growth Patterns
- What brands or products do you work with?
There are many different brands for various products. The ropes we use for personal suspension and limb suspension are manufactured by Samson. Our chainsaws are manufactured by Stihl. Our climbing saddles (used for suspension in trees) and gaffs (spikes) are manufactured by Buckingham. All of our equipment is distributed by Sherrill tree gear supplier and our saws come directly from the manufacturer – directly ordered online.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
Annually A&C Tree service averages anywhere from 24 to 48 jobs. We are 8-man small business still striving for more exposure.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
A customer should first confirm whether or not a tree climber will be using climbing gaffs (spikes) when pruning. Gaffs should only be used for removals.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Commonality of jobs is really based on current weather conditions. For example, due to recent drought conditions tree removal has been highly common.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
There are a few misconceptions I wish people knew about. For starters I wish people would learn the facts of how negative topping a tree is visually and concerning the health of the tree. Second, do not be fooled by anyone who says they are an arborist. Currently there is only one arborist for hire in New Mexico and they are located in Taos. Anyone stating that they are an arborist can be confirmed through the ISA website and we encourage folks to do their research.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
We at A&C Tree Service are proud of all jobs we do! Every customer is very important to us! But here recently we removed six pine trees in a very tight quartered area with a pond and patio underneath. Every last limb and log had to be removed with a rope attached to prevent damages. It is very common to be in those kinds of vicarious positions. But when you are capable of that much work in one day, you find yourself full of a great deal of pride in your crew because they are the ones who truly make a tree climber’s day easier and they are the ones who get the least recognition. So because of the crew those six pine tree removals are what we are most proud of!