AJM Masonry & Construction
Areas of service:Milwaukee, Madison, Rockford, Kenosha, Waukesha, Janesville, Crystal Lake, Algonquin, Mchenry, Beloit, Dekalb, Brookfield, Barrington, Round Lake, New Berlin, Lake Zurich, Gurnee, Mundelein, Freeport, Menomonee Falls, Grayslake, Carpentersville, Lake Villa, Franklin, Oak Creek, Watertown, Belvidere, Oconomowoc, Burlington, Woodstock, Sun Prairie, Cary, Muskego, Beaver Dam, South Milwaukee, Pewaukee, Loves Park and Machesney Park.
- Email verified
Contact AJM Masonry & Construction
Lifetime-guaranteed Construction Service
Request an estimate
AJM Masonry & Construction - Janesville, WI
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that AJ Mac may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About AJM Masonry & Construction
We started in March 2000 and have been doing business in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, and surrounding counties as we are called on.
We wanted to bring accountability to construction and contractors by offering our lifetime guarantee instead of the one-year standard in nearly all construction trades.
We have completed numerous historical restoration projects including matching Frank Lloyd Wright Masonry designs. Our innovation techniques, tools, and craftsmanship allow us to produce lower prices and a diligent schedule for completion dates.
We also offer payment plans so that you won’t have to wait to get that chimney repaired or leaky basement water-proofed anymore. We think it is important for us to offer payment plans, especially to homeowners in need.
Call us to see about a free estimate.
Questions and answers
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
The job within this year is a foundation job that I restored for a couple whose foundation in the basement was crumbling around them.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
Maybe fifty or so projects, depending on which month, weather, and demand. However, we do donate some work to strapped homeowners.
- What brands or products do you work with?
We work with top-of-the-line products including but not limited to brick yard quality material, portland and lime mortar, dies, cultured veneers, brick, block, stone, and more.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Restoration and tuck pointing are generally most common because of the lack of maintenance performed on homes and buildings.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
We provide certificate of lifetime guarantee. We provide free inspections and estimates. We also offer maintenance plans to our customers.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I have a large family and have many interests. I am meticulous to detail and won’t leave a project a little messy even if I have to stay being alone for half a day by myself to present a seemingly flawless finished project.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Generally, you need to do at least some minimal research on masonry terms and building codes in order to ask definite questions to peer into the contractor’s knowledge base. There are many so-called mason "hacks" posing as legit and end up messing projects and owners up. One major question is if they get a certificate of guarantee.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
How long they have been in the trade, information regarding their project preferabally detailed, and ask trade related questions.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Although most contractors do jobs methodically by per sq. ft., in masonry, you almost always can’t go by sq. ft., but it still is a factor.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
We have specials and coupons.
- How did you get started?
Masonry has been in my family since my great-grandfather. I learned the trade and some business aspects from my own father's business.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
All types of masonry. We specialize in historical restorations and design matching such as Frank Lloyd Wright, etc. We also offer services in complete home building and remodeling. Most of our work are custom and showcased to the public. We offer discounts to clients who sign up for reference showings! We have a lifetime guarantee on all of our projects (ask for details).We also offer flexible payment plans designed around the homeowner's budget.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I have multiple certifications in masonry and other trade fields. I am capable to perform large- and small-scale tasks.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
The most frequent question from customers is, “How did you do that?” And the answer is usually many years of practice and skill.