Aquatic Technology Pool and Spa
Morgan Hill, CA
Areas of service:San Jose, San Francisco, Oakland, Stockton, Modesto, Fremont, Salinas, Hayward, Vallejo, Sunnyvale, San Mateo, Concord, Daly City, Berkeley, Redwood City, Santa Clara, San Leandro, Vacaville, Santa Cruz, Antioch, Palo Alto, Elk Grove, Walnut Creek, Merced, Richmond, Watsonville, Pittsburg, Fairfield, Livermore, Mountain View, Alameda, Tracy, San Rafael, Lodi, Union City, Turlock, Pleasanton, Milpitas, South San Francisco, Manteca, San Pablo, Castro Valley, Novato, Cupertino, Danville, Gilroy, Los Gatos, Hollister, Martinez, Campbell, San Ramon, Newark, Morgan Hill, Burlingame, Los Altos, San Bruno, Suisun City, Menlo Park, Pacifica, Seaside, Sonoma, Ceres, Monterey, Pleasant Hill, Saratoga, Dublin, Los Banos, Mill Valley, San Carlos, Atwater, Oakley, Brentwood, San Lorenzo, Benicia, Belmont, El Sobrante, Oakdale, Sonora, Emeryville, Aptos, Galt, Lafayette, El Cerrito, Hercules, Marina and Millbrae.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Aquatic Technology Pool and Spa
Swimming Pools, Aquatic Design & Consulting, Glass Tile Mosaic Pools
Request an estimate
Aquatic Technology Pool and Spa - Morgan Hill, CA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Paolo Benedetti may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Aquatic Technology Pool and Spa
Aquatic Technology Pool and Spa is the designer and builder of the most luxurious works of aquatic art in the world. A specialist in hillside, vanishing edge, infinity edge, negative edge, knife edge, perimeter overflow, slot overflow, flooded deck, rooftop, basement and complex swimming pools and spas. Projects are executed with the utmost attention to the smallest details.
The principal of the firm, Paolo Benedetti, has been described as the Michealangelo of the swimming pool industry. We accepts design commissions from around the world - you are never too far away to deserve the best life has to offer!
Paolo collaborates with architects, landscape architects, other pool companies, design professionals, developers and property owners.
Our creations involve:
- Residential watershapes
- Swimming pools
- Water features
- Commercial and Resort Pools & Spas
- Glass Tile Mosaic Pools & Spas
- Complete outdoor environments: Kitchens, pizza ovens, BBQ's, fire features, automated fountains, patios, stonework, retaining walls, planters and seating areas.
Some of the services we provide are:
- Pool, spa, fountain, watershape construction
- Conceptual design services & construction documents
- Structural Engineering and Hydraulic Design
- Consult on water sanitization options
- Controls, automation, and systems integration
- Construction management
- Outside contractor supervision
- Quality Control and Assurance
- Existing pool facility conversion/remodel
- Construction specifications and standards
- Material Sourcing, Samples & Mock-ups
We also provide expert witness services for:
- Construction Defect cases
- Construction Litigation
- Forensic Evaluations & Testing
- Workmanship, installation and standards compliance
The firm is licensed in California as a General Building Contractor and Swimming Pool Contractor (#721117, class B and C-53).
Design fees are based upon project complexity and location.
Questions and answers
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
1. A surveyed plot plan showing the boundaries, encumbrances, easements, structures, major trees or other major features.
2. A topographical map showing the slopes (if their property has variantions in the elevations).
3. A copy of their property title or trust documents (showing that they are the legal owners).
4. Clippings of pools that visually appeal to them.
5. A wishlist of amenities they desire.
6. A copy of their community's regulations & requirements for swimming pools, spas & fountains (e.g. setbacks, noise limits, construction hours, fencing, etc.).
7. Any additional restrictions: Country Club or HOA CCR's, Coastal Commission, etc.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Most swimming pools are designed and built "by the seat of the pants" without much planning.
The structural engineering is usually a set of generic "catch all" plans.
The strength of the structural engineering design is usually chosen by the pool contractor, without regards for the soil conditions, specific soil types or site conditions (slopes, surcharges, ground water, etc.).
The hydraulic design is usually designed by the plumber or the original salesman. No hydraulic calculations are ever performed to optimize hydraulic performance and energy efficiency, minimize restrictions, reduce flowrates and to ensure a safe bather environment free of potential entrapment hazards.
Soils reports are require for building foundations that sit UPON the soils... so why wouldn't you get a soils report for a structure that sits IN THE SOIL?
Why, then would you not obtain structural engineering based upon the results of the soils evaluation?
Since 99% of all pools have undersized plumbing, why would you not desire a professionally designed and engineered hydraulic system?
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
Can you build a pool here?
If you have the financial means, a pool can be built almost anywhere. Pools can be hand dug if access is an issue. Steep hillsides can still enjoy a pool through the use of piers and foundation supports. City dwellers can even enjoy a basement or rooftop pool
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Variable drive pumps have a higher initial cost, but the energy savings will have a 6-12 month payback.
But, they must remember, the pump will be moving the water at a slower rate, so the run times must be doubled.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Complex hillside, beach front, rooftop, basement & indoor pools, spas and water features. We are also experts in infinity edge, vanishing edge, disappearing edge, knife edge, slot overflow, perimeter overflow and flooded deck pools and spas.
We also specialize in the area of glass tile mosaic pools & spas.
We also provide expert witness services for construction litigation & defect cases, concerning swimming pools, spas and fountains.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Complex hillside and incompetent soil conditions are easily overcome with friction caissons, pier & grade beams, driven piles or stepped footings.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Do you require geotechnical (soils) reports?
Do you use custom or generic structural engineering?
Is the hydraulic design of my pool going to be professionally designed & engineered?
Do you employ independent testing laboratories and deputy inspectors to guarantee the project's quality assurance?
Do you possess General Liability Insurance?
Have you ever had any complaints (founded or unfounded) with the State Licensing Board?
Have you ever had a license suspended or revoked in another state?
Have you ever been convicted of a crime (misdemeanor or felony)?
Have you ever had a claim made against your license bond?
Have you ever been sued by a client?
Can you provide references from past clients?
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
- California Lic. Contractor #721117 Classes: B - General Contractor and C53 - Swimming Pool Contractor
- Subject Matter Expert - Calif. State Lic. Board 2000
- Certified Designer - Society of Watershape Designers
- Platinum Member - Genesis 3 Design Group
- Pool Industry Author and Instructor (100+ articles, publications & TV programs)
- Expert Witness Services - Pool, Spa, Fountain, Tile, and Masonry Construction Defect Cases
- Teledyne-Laars Factory certified installer
- Polyethylene and CSST gas line - Installation Instructor & Certifier
- NSPF - Certified Pool Operator Instructor Certification (2010)
- Member: American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- How many projects do you average in a year?
We deliver 20-40 completed design and construction document packages each year. Of those, we construct or manage 4-6 of the project build-outs.
Additionally, we consult on 6-8 construction defect cases each year.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
We design and construct pools around the world.
And, though we are the at the pinnacle of our profession, we are not that much more expensive. The extra expense during construction will result in a longer lasting project with lower maintenance & operating expenses. The extra attention spend while installing the finish materials ensures that they will not degrade in a few short years.
- What brands or products do you work with?
We work with the client to specify the best equipment for their project, based upon their intended stay in the property, reoccurring maintenance expenses, energy savings, repair costs (ROI analysis).
We select the best quality equipment and materials to fit with the clients goals and budget.