B&B Lock & Key
Areas of service:Tampa, Brandon, Plant City, Valrico, Riverview and Seffner
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact B&B Lock & Key
Request an estimate
B&B Lock & Key - Seffner, FL
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Randy Bartlett may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About B&B Lock & Key
B&B Lock & Key is a mobile locksmith service in business since 2009. We provide both commercial and residential lock service and specialize in:
- Replacement Locks
- Keyed Alike
- Master Keying
- Mailbox Locks
Our service area includes Tampa, Florida and surrounding areas. We are licensed and bonded.
Contact us for all your locksmith needs!
Questions and answers
- How did you get started?
I have worked in the automotive industry for over 30 years. It was time to become my own boss, set my own hours, and have more time for my family and my church. I decided that locksmithing would serve this purpose. After substantial training, I found commercial and residential work was what I most enjoyed.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
- What is your service call rate and mileage?
- How soon can you provide service?
(Usually within 24 hrs unless special parts need to be ordered.)
- Do you guarantee your work ? (Yes)
- What brands or products do you work with?
Brands would depend on the existing locks. If I install new locks, I recommend Schlage products, but always defer to the wishes and needs of the customer.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
As a locksmith, my company projects range from small jobs rekeying one or two locks, to rekeying and installing locks on commercial buildings. Larger jobs are averaging one or two a week, and small jobs about 10 to 15 a week.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Most of my work has been rekeying locks in commercial buildings and rental properties for property management companies.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
It always helps to know how many locks you will need to have worked on, and if possible, the brand. A picture of your existing key sent by email or text is usually a way for the locksmith to determine that. A list of what type of service you need will help remind you what questions to ask while speaking to your locksmith.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Many locksmiths specialize in certain areas such as automotive, residential and commercial. Rates are what the individual company feels they can charge, and vary greatly. When looking for a locksmith, find the one best suited to your needs, and ask for a breakdown of charges ahead of time.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
To save money, be specific about your needs. Provide photos when possible. I am always willing to answer questions on the phone, to assist the customer in making an informed decision.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
- Guaranteed installation and all keys operating correctly
- Free duplicate keys with each installation
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
- Commercial and Residential Locks
- Keyed Alike
- Master Keys
- Mailbox Locks
- Mobile Locksmith Service
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
Most frequent questions from customers are how much I charge and how soon I can do the work. My rates vary a little bit on the service call based upon distance from my home base. Different services have different prices, which I gladly disclose once I know what will be required.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I am a member of the National Locksmith Association and ClearStar Security Network. I have security clearance under the Jessica Lunsford Act. Member of Grace Baptist Church, Brandon, FL.