Beez Garage Door Services
Areas of service:Salem and Woodburn
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Beez Garage Door Services
Garage Door Services
Request an estimate
Beez Garage Door Services - Salem, OR
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Brad Salmon may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Beez Garage Door Services
Beez Garage Door Services offers garage door repair in the Salem, OR area. Weekend service is available at no extra charge.
We offer the longest warranties and best customer service available. Beez strives to make every customer's garage door "Safe, Reliable, Quiet, and Secure".
Licensed, Bonded, and Insured. CCB #197132
Contact us today!
Questions and answers
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Good questions to ask a garage door professional include: "What warranty do you offer on parts(especially springs) and labor?" Also, be sure to ask "How will you prove to me that you put the correct springs on my door?", and "Will you let me know if other parts will need to be replaced soon?".
- How many projects do you average in a year?
Because we specialize in repairs, several of which can be done every day, Beez Garage Door Services does a lot of projects each year. We do about 1,000 jobs each year.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Beez Garage Door Services specializes in garage door repair, garage door opener repair and garage door opener replacement. We can make most old garage doors run like new.
- What brands or products do you work with?
We service all major garage door brands, including Taylor, CHI, Amarr, Clopay, Northwest Door, Wayne Dalton, and Raynor. We also service all major brands of garage door opener, including Linear, Lift-Master, Genie, Craftsman, Chamberlain, etc. As long as an opener is up to code, we can work on it.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Make sure your garage is clear so that a technician can work efficiently and not have to charge for extra labor. Also, do not try to fix a garage door yourself, it is dangerous, and if you make the problem worse, it will cost more.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
Hopefully, none, because when our recommendations are followed, there will not be a need for garage door services for a long time. In the event that there is a problem, however, all of our labor and parts are warrantied against defect for seven years.
- How did you get started?
I worked for a garage door company for over six years, then decided to go out on my own and start Beez Garage Door Services.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
The most common garage door repairs are spring replacement. Broken or malfunctioning garage door openers are also very common. Finally, other parts like cables, rollers, and bearings eventually need to be replaced on all garage doors.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
The most common question is: "Do I need a new door?" The answer is usually "No, your door is fine you just need new parts". Another common questions is "can you make my garage door quieter?". Yes! Nylon rollers and a belt driven opener can make it so that you can hardly hear your garage door in your house--perfect if you have bedrooms above the garage.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
First, call a few companies and ask some questions. It will quickly be apparent if you are talking to a professional company, or a "fly by night" guy who will take your money, do poor work, and not warranty it. Also, know what a properly functioning garage door feels like when run manually, so you can check the work before the repairman leaves.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I am an IDEA certified garage door trainer.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I love to cook.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
I wish more people realized that the cheapest repair is usually not the best. Also, the number of "call backs" on garage door work is very high--even the best technicians get call backs. The good garage door companies are the ones that make resolving call backs a priority, and do it to their customer's satisfaction.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
We had a customer with a beautiful old wood door from the 1960's that fit perfectly with their house. It could not be reproduced. Unfortunately, all of the major parts were worn out. Two other garage door companies told the customer that they needed a new door. Beez got their great old door running like new for about half of what a new door costs. All it needed was some new parts.