Blue Ridge Energy Company
Areas of service:Charlottesville, Winchester, Harrisonburg, Staunton, Waynesboro, Front Royal, Culpeper and Broadway
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Blue Ridge Energy Company
Your Solar Pros
Request an estimate
Blue Ridge Energy Company - Broadway, VA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Watt Bradshaw may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Blue Ridge Energy Company
We are a lisenced and insured solar contractor
We design and install solar heating and hot water systems. We design and install solar electric systems, both grid-tied,off-grid, and hybrid systems
We design and install radiant floor heating systems
We have been in business since 1978
serving western Virginia, eastern West Virginia
#32 years experience, more installations than anyone
Questions and answers
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
What are the energy savings that I can expect from this system.
What is the cost of this system?
The answer is dependent on the size of the system and the expense of the backup system.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
How much experience do you have?
Can I see some of your previous work?
Do you have any special training or licenses
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
That the quality of the installation is key to the lifetime reliable performance of the system. Also, the best practices are accepted within the industry, and, if followed, can achieve this goal.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
We have been living with solar energy for over 27 years, and now produce all of our heat and hot water without fossil fuels. We also produce most of our electricity as well.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
We service and maintain everything we sell and install.
We can refer other professionals in related trades.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
we average about 9-12 projects per year
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Solar hot water and solar electric systems.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Renewable Energy Contracting
Solar electric systems
Solar heat and hot water systems
Radiant floor heating
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I am a licensed Master Electrician, and Master Plumber, We belong to the Solar Energy Industries Association. I have previously taught classes in renewable energy systems design and installation. I continue to take continuing education classes and workshops at the conferences which I regularly attend
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Apply all available energy conservation practices which are available, then begin to implement energy production systems to eventually achieve energy independence!
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
With respect to solar it's important to have ones electric and heating costs available. Also it helps to know the orientation of the roof surface upon which the solar panels will be mounted.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
We helped a woman in Nellysford, Virginia install a solar electric system on her metal roof which will offset most of her electric bill
- How did you get started?
We began in 1978 as part of President Jimmy Carters "Solar Infantry". We believed and still believe that we can change(and save) the world 1 system at a time