C.R. Stewart Welding & Fab, LLC.
Areas of service:Cookeville and Livingston
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact C.R. Stewart Welding & Fab, LLC.
Request an estimate
C.R. Stewart Welding & Fab, LLC. - Livingston, TN
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Chuck Stewart may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About C.R. Stewart Welding & Fab, LLC.
C.R.Stewart Welding & Fab, LLC has over twenty-five years of experience in mobile welding repairs on construction equipment.
We specialize in fabrication of wrought iron railings and gates, pipe railings, structural steel, pipe welding, and master pipe fitting. We also perform custom fabrication of truck racks and fuel tanks. We service Livingston, Cookeville, and Nashville area.
Questions and answers
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
Certified pipe welder as well as licensed master pipe fitter ( #025649) and sprinkler installer. Member of American Welding Society. Skilled in SMAW as well as MIG.
- How did you get started?
Worked for a company for ten years. When the owner passed and the doors were closed, I purchased some of their equipment and started my own company in 1981. Went to school in structural and pipe welding to get certified.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
Condo project where we had to fabricate and install forty sets of stair railings and twenty sets of balcony railings.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Please know what size and and how many and where you would like the work performed and any thoughts you have on style.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
Customers may not know that I have seven grandchildren and that I spent eight years in the USAF and am a Vietnamviet.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
- Do you do mobile repair service?
- Do you charge for travel time?
- Are you certified and insured?
- Is your work guaranteed?
- What brands or products do you work with?
We work with mostly American steel, such as angles, flat bars, square and rectangular tubes. We use a top-quality MIG wire and top-quality welding rods. If painting, we use rustolium products, primers and finish paint.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
We specialize in custom fabrication of wrought iron railings for inside or outside of your home, for stairs and balconies, pipe railings for industrial and handicap ramps, driveway and off-road gates. We also specialize in repairs to excavating equip, bucket repairs, and rebuilds.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
I would like customers to know that some types of fabrication are time consuming and cannot be rushed. The outcome reflects the proper time spent.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
Depends on the size of the project. May be two to three medium-size projects as well as welding repairs of construction equipment. Or maybe one large and one medium as well as the repair work. Sometimes the projects are small in size, and therefore, we do maybe five to seven in a cal year.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
I would recommend to customers that there are different grades of materials to use in fabrication. Inside use need not be as weather proof as outside materials and therefore cost less.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Railings, construction repair work.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
Why do steel materials cost so much? How come it takes so long to transform raw steel into something like railings and gates?
Cost is governed by the suppliers and supply and demand. Fabricating is a precise art and cannot be rushed. The outcome of the project reflects the quality of work that goes into the fabrication process. The end result is that the customer is very happy with the services he or she has secured.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
We provide a follow-up of all fabrication and installation services that we provide. Our customers can always call with any questions or concerns that they may have. Any fabrication we do and install, we will repair free of charge for thirty days. In case of material failure(normal usage), it will be replaced and you pay only labor charges.