Caltech Pool Leak Detection
Areas of service:Los Angeles, Oxnard, Glendale, Torrance, Van Nuys, North Hollywood, Pasadena, Inglewood, Compton, Simi Valley, Bell, Burbank, Pacoima, South Gate, Hawthorne, Santa Monica, Alhambra, Gardena, Sylmar, Carson, Huntington Park, Thousand Oaks, Canoga Park, Redondo Beach, Lynwood, Reseda, Camarillo, Panorama City, Woodland Hills, Monterey Park, Canyon Country, Northridge, North Hills, Sherman Oaks, Granada Hills, Culver City, Sun Valley, Winnetka, Valencia, Rancho Palos Verdes, Beverly Hills, Encino, Santa Clarita, Newbury Park, Altadena, Chatsworth, Manhattan Beach, San Fernando, Lawndale, Moorpark, Santa Paula, Venice, Newhall, La Crescenta, Maywood, Porter Ranch, Valley Village, Tarzana, Tujunga, Studio City, Port Hueneme, Agoura Hills, Palos Verdes Peninsula, Harbor City, South Pasadena, Calabasas, West Hills, Pacific Palisades, Castaic, Lomita and West Hollywood.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Caltech Pool Leak Detection
Swimming Pool Leak Detection and Repair
Request an estimate
Caltech Pool Leak Detection - Calabasas, CA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Darren Merlob may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Caltech Pool Leak Detection
Caltech Pool Leak Detection provides comprehensive electronic leak detection and repairs. We have over 20 years of experience in pools, spas and water features.
We offer our services to L.A and Ventura counties. We are owner operated for an honest and reliable service.
By utilizing state of the art equipment, we are able to pinpoint leaks with extreme accuracy.
Contact us today!
Questions and answers
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Make sure the contractor you call is licensed. As a licensed contractor here in California, the swimming pool capital, many advertised pool companies are either unlicensed, expired or suspended.
Homeowners and companies looking to hire a swimming pool company must put in the necessary time to ensure the company they choose to work with is licensed. There is absolutely no recourse if a project or service goes unsatisfactorily with an unlicensed contractor.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Don't wait to try to locate a leak yourself. Water is very tricky and will flow through the weakest link in the chain. Many times while a homeowner is attempting to locate a leak on their own, they either let too much time pass and receive a huge water bill or they begin cutting and digging needlessly. Contact Caltech Pools where all we do is pool leak detections, repairs, and inspections.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Swimming pool leak detection and repair:
- Honesty & Integrity are our top priority
- Pool Leak Detections, Pool Inspections and Pool Repairs are all we do
- The owner is hands-on on every job
- We are structural pool repair experts
- We never use subcontractors
- Upon completing the pool leak detection, all findings are provided to you in writing.
- Detailed pool repair estimates will also be provided, allowing you to compare and shop pricing
- We will be punctual and all lines of communication will be open
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
There are many companies out there who claim to be able to pinpoint leaks underground and have no idea what they're doing. Then they contact us!
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
We are able to provide you with a detailed report of our leak detection findings. We are also able to provide you with a quote for the necessary repairs. We do not use subcontractors and the owner is present at every job location.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Know your pool. Keep an eye on your water level. If you suspect a leak, don't wait. Swimming pool leaks will never get better with time, only worse.
- What brands or products do you work with?
- Torque Lock Structural Systems
- Teledyne Laars
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
- Broward County licensed 1991
- Dade County licensed 1994
- Florida State license 1998
- California State license 2011
- Consulted as structural expert in aftermath of Hurricane Wilma in Ft. Lauderdale 2005
- Received a patent pending for Torque Lock
- Consulted on International pool projects in Bilbao Spain, Brisbane Australia, Santiago Chile, San Juan Puerto Rico, Hakone Japan, Grenada, Nassau Bahamas, West Bank Israel, London England, Dublin Ireland
- How did you get started?
In 1989, starting with just a few pools on a service route in Florida, I grew American Pool Resurfacing to become one of the largest, most profitable pool renovation companies in South Florida.
In 2004, frustrated with traditional crack repair methods (epoxy injection, re-bar, etc.), I developed a revolutionary technique for repairing structural cracks using a patented compression staple. The Torque-Lockô staple is used world wide to repair and stabilize cracks in cement, gunite, shotcrete and concrete.
In 2007, I left the family business and moved to Austin, Texas and started a swimming pool leak detection and repair company. In less than 4 years my company stunned the competition and became the most relied upon leak detection business in the Central Texas area.
While building the leak detection business, I became frustrated using traditional leak detection equipment. Traditional equipment was antiquated and unreliable. This problem promoted the development of a new business venture called Leaktronics. LeakTronics equipment is state of the art sonar and video equipment which finally brings leak detection work into the 21st century.
I relocated to California in 2011 and started Caltech Pools.