Areas of service:Prineville
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Codi Steele
Virtual Assistant and Office Administrator
Request an estimate
Codi Steele - Prineville, OR
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Codi Steele may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Codi Steele
Hello, I'm Codi Steele. I am a professional photographer, a freelance writer and a web designer. I have my own business, working from the comfort of my home office, now that all but one of my children are in school.
I have spent the majority of my career working in the administrative field and can say that I have happily explored almost every facet of office administration and support.
I have always had a passion for writing and photography, as well as working within an office setting. Whether it's in my home office or out in the public sector, I'm used to it. It just seems to put me at ease and is where I tend to shine.
Contact me today and learn more about my services.
Questions and answers
- How many projects do you average in a year?
I honestly couldn't even begin to estimate how many projects I do in a year. Some of the projects I do are short-term only, either lasting a week or month. Some are long-term projects that are on-going, lasting 6 months or longer.
I also do projects by the assignment, so keeping track of such things can be a bit tedious.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
When looking to hire a Virtual Assistant or contract out any office type work there are a number of things that you should consider asking:
- Will you provide me with daily updates?
- What Office programs are you proficient in?
- What equipment do you use in your home office?
- Do you work on an hourly rate or per assignment?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- What hours are you available for contacting should I need to speak with you?
- What forms of contact do you use?
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Being a "Virtual Assistant" actually takes quite a bit of will power and requires someone who has a passion for the work.
Working from home isn't for everyone, not everyone possesses the focus and drive it requires to set your own schedule, keep up your home, take care of the children, all on top of completing the tasks at hand.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I am a single mother of 4 beautiful children ranging in ages from 15 down to 3.
I have a 15-year-old daughter that I adopted when she was 12 and is now a wonderful, loving mother herself.
My oldest son is 13 and has special needs. He is the light of my life.
I have an 8-year-old daughter who gives the best hugs in the world and is just bursting with creativity and joy.
And finally, I have a 3-year-old son who, despite my very best effort, refuses to wear clothing and is always making me laugh when I need it most.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
I am a committed and motivated Executive Assistant with exceptional skills including:
- Excellent customer-relations
- Extremely organized, efficient, friendly and knowledgeable.
- Strong work ethic
- Professional demeanor
- Great initiative
- Meticulous team member
- Excellent at juggling multiple tasks
- Great at working under deadlines
I also have a broad industry experience that includes:
- Web Design
- Property Management
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
I am always happy to help my previous customers with any needs that they may have.
I archive all of my previous works so whether they simply need a file resent, or perhaps a revision to a document, it's no trouble at all.
I am always here to provide my clients with all the support they need.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I have a Bachelor's Degree in Web/Graphic Design from Westwood College in Denver, CO.
I am also Certified by Microsoft for knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Systems, which I also received from Westwood College in Denver, CO.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
The most current project that I completed was to research and compose 10 different articles on the subject of "dog poop bags."
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
I most frequently get asked the following questions:
- May I see where your work is published?
Of course, my work is published on a couple of sites. Contact me for more information.
- What types of payment do you accept?
I accept Paypal, direct deposit, Skrill (formerly Moneybookers) and Payoneer.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
For those who are trying to save where they can, going "Virtual" in your office may just be what saves your business!
You get the same if not higher quality work, in a shorter amount of time, for significantly less money!
- What brands or products do you work with?
I have several products that I use in my home office, which are listed here:
- Lenovo Thinkpad laptop w/windows 7 Professional and Microsoft Office
- Acer tablet for multitasking programs and multiple screens when needed
- Samsung Transform Ultra Smartphone w/Android OS and hotspot for high speed internet access anywhere
- Hewlett Packard J4500 Series All in one printer/copier/fax/scanner
- Webcam w/microphone on laptop, tablet & smartphone
- Headset for hands free functionality
- Virtual fax number for online retrieval anywhere
- Virtual 800 number for call forwarding, voicemail & customer ease of use
- How did you get started?
Growing up, my parents owned their own general contracting business (and still do). My mother ran the office end of things. So, it was not uncommon for me to be found helping her and soaking up all the knowledge I possibly could.
I began typing at a very young age (8), as well as filing and data entry. I completely enjoyed helping my mother with any office task she would give me.
She fostered the passion I had for administrative support and set me on a very rewarding path.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
There really are no common assignments in this field, since everyone needs something specific handled, completed, researched or written up.
However, the jobs do get categorized into more common fields such as:
- Data entry
- Personal Assistant
- Email handling
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Before you start your search for a Virtual Assistant, know what it is that you need to have done. Have duties clearly written out.
You should have at least a rough idea of when you need the job completed by, and what you're willing to pay someone to complete it.
Do not be afraid to ask for references or to see examples of their work. A good assistant will not hesitate to provide you with either.