Areas of service:Evansville, Henderson and Newburgh
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Computer Repair
Computer Repair Specialist
Request an estimate
Computer Repair - Evansville, IN
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Josh Engleman may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Computer Repair
My name is Josh Engleman and I do any type of computer repair on a PC. I also do networking, whether it's professional or residential. I have an A+ certification and currently am going through the Cisco Systems certification ladder.
I would like to stay around the Evansville area but I do make special arrangements for certain scenarios.
Contact me today!
Questions and answers
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
I would recommend investing a little in the small things, like really good surge protectors. The cheaper you go the less protection you are actually getting.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
The absolute most common job that comes about is viruses. One of the ugliest parts of having a PC is the threat of having a virus wipe out all your personal information. Going the extra step of knowing how to see what a real site is vs. a fake one goes a long way.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
I have a lot of experience on virus removal, hardware installation, computer setup, and networking setup/adding devices to the network so they all communicate with each other.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
It all depends on the calls but I do average about 30 to 40 a year, been down this past year with the getting training and everything.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
I give them my personal cellphone number and assure them that I will help them out in any way possible. I guarantee my work for 30 days in most cases, excluding downloading music and other types of media.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Ask for certifications and training. Anyone can say they work on computers, but are they backed by major IT certifications? That's what makes or breaks it.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
The best work I have done was at a customer's house earlier this year. Their house got struck by lightning during one of the big storms in the spring. I helped them recover all their lost data and setup their new network on a battery backup system to ensure that it wouldn't happen again.
- How did you get started?
I started working with computers 8 years ago. The past 2 years I have been working really hard to prove my work by getting certified in any area that I can.
- What brands or products do you work with?
I am familiar with every brand of Windows based PCs, and pretty well every form of wireless networks, and also all forms of hardware installation.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I have the CompTIA A+ certification, and currently going through the Cisco Systems Certification ladder.