Craftwerkz Construction Services
Areas of service:Austin, Round Rock, Georgetown, Pflugerville, Cedar Park, Belton and Leander
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Craftwerkz Construction Services
Full Service Construction Firm
Request an estimate
Craftwerkz Construction Services - Round Rock, TX
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Jason Martin may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Craftwerkz Construction Services
Craftwerkz Construction Services is a full service general contractor that specializes in customer service. We work with the customer to understand their needs, wants, desires and budget guidelines.
We perform simple items including handyman services to kitchen and bath renovations up to complete home renovations.
We maintain over 20 years of experience in the industry and are perfectly capable of providing substantial results.
You are not just a momentary client with our firm, you are a lifetime client and we make sure the quality and service is there at every turn.
Our goal is simple, while we are not the cheapest out there were offer great service at competitive pricing.
We have a wide range of services from general contracting, cost plus contracts, to flat fee contracting providing an open and honest approach to our clients.
Our major goal is not to take on 50 projects at a time, we are comfortable with 5 or less at a time so each client will get prompt service and answers during the construction process.
Questions and answers
- How many projects do you average in a year?
We only take on enough work per year to keep our crews busy. We also limit the amount of work we do to max out around 24 medium to large size project per year. We need to be attentive to our clients and we are not here to ship a large amount of unknown subcontractors to your project and hope for the best. We perform continual supervision and all our workers are tested and screen for the client and our safety and piece of mind.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Work with your Contractor and let them know of your budget guidelines. Ask your contractor what are good substitutes on finishes. When working with a contractor beware of cost overruns and change orders. Try to iron out a firm desire with the contractor and then work on the pricing with them. Changing the direction of the project mid stream will really cost substantially more in the long run.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Kitchen and Bathroom renovations are the most common in Residential Construction. These are followed by exterior living areas. Outdoor living areas can provide a welcome place for visitors and friends. You can also entertain and cook without packing people into your home.
- What brands or products do you work with?
We work with several brands of products. We like Treks Decks for decking materials. Schlage and Baldwin Hardware for doors and entries. We also work with several window suppliers to give our clients the most for their money.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Customers in our trade should always review the contract, estimate and proposal before jumping into any project. There are several misleading outlets from TV and poor contractors, they only show half the picture when the client should be explained the entire picture.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
We have lead certified contractors that work for us.
We have connections to architects and engineering firms, however we keep that list on had and not for public viewing.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Carpentry and mill work is our first passion. Exterior patio, decks and outdoor living areas is a close second. We perform everything from painting a room, installing a door, to giving you that kitchen of your dreams whether its inside or outside your home. There is a great passion in what we do and the level of quality in which the project is delivered.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
We have worked on several homes in recent. Our main goal is to have a great experience with the client. We offer information on projects that we have done directly to the client and we do not share information on public information areas because we believe our clients privacy should be upheld.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Plans and/or designs are always welcome and appreciated. Also, having the client understand their needs now and 10 years from now is always a bonus. It may seem odd but if you might change your life in a year chances are you do not want to overhaul your house 2-3 years after you completed this remodel.
Don't be afraid to ask questions of your contractor, if he/she is willing to answer that will help to give you a better understanding, great and if they do not want to answer then you do not need that service.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
1) Do you offer design build services? We are currently not staffed to do design build but we have access to some great architects and designers that can assist.
2) Do you have a warranty? Yes, the customary 1 year labor is covered, and for materials with long term warranties we can usually work out a 5 year protection plan.
3) I have had bad experiences in the past with contractors, what makes you different? With our solid commitment and drive we will walk you through the project consistently. We want to build a relationship not just your home.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
You get what you pay for, always. There are several contractors out there and seeveral ways to approach any construction project. If you have a design and receive 3-4 bids which is standard, don't always choose the cheaper contractor. We all by materials around the same costs as one another, so if there is a contractor that is substantially lower then there may be a reason.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
We prefer to build a life long commitment to the client. Once we have worked on your home we are available to assist in future renovations, repair services on items in the home. We have contacts with several excellent plumbers, electricians, and HVAC contractors that if there is problem that needs to be addressed at an time please feel free to call.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I am a die hard family man with children and money is not everything to me. Unusual as it seems I would rather have my clients recommend me in the future and feel that they got the best than make a million dollars building a shack that follows minimum code and takes the quick way out.
- How did you get started?
This is a family business. My father, grandfather and most of my uncles and cousins are in this business. Most are either Contractors themselves or work or contractors. Our family works from California to Maine and almost everywhere in between. We compare notes constantly to improve our talents and our level of service to our clients.