Areas of service:Worcester, Framingham, Woonsocket, Leominster, Fitchburg, Marlborough, Shrewsbury, Franklin, Milford and Gardner
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Dave Patterson
Request an estimate
Dave Patterson - Worcester, MA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Dave Patterson may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Dave Patterson
Dave Patterson is a small business owner out of Worcester that has been practicing landscaping for 13 years now.
He is dedicated to giving his customers quality service while STILL learning is art. Specializing in lawn fertilization he will give you the information required to help build and maintain a beautiful turf.
Questions and answers
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Just bring to the table your goals and I will let you know how realistic they are and how quickly we can obtain them.
- How did you get started?
I have been in landscape for 16 years now. 5 years ago I decided to go down a path that would give me a specialty.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Its a science and its not perfect. I do this every day and I'm very good at it. Let me provide you with the knowledge I've learned and you won't be disappointed by the outcome.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Watering! Many people over water their lawns without knowing it. It's just what they think they know. If people watered the way they should they would save on their water bills.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I hold a Certified Commercial Certification in the category for turf which is issued by the Dept. of Agricultural Resources.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
I have 60-75 REPEAT customers as of right now. I can handle up to 500. Each customer is serviced once every 6 weeks depending on what services they buy.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Lawn fertilization which consists of the maintaining or building of the health of your lawn and diagnosis of insect, fungal, and abnormal wear patterns on a lawn.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I have a wife who I love immensely. A daughter who will be 1 on 7-10-13. A stepson who will be 12 and a nice house in a quiet neighborhood in Worcester. LIFE IS GOOD!
- What types of jobs are the most common?
All I specialize in is fertilizer which also consists of insect, fungal, and broad leaf weed controls. Liming, aeration and over seeding, soil tests, and flee and tick controls are also available.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
All hard surfaces are blow off from the fertilization. I do tend to service calls for free however they are monitored and recorded to minimize repeat calls for the same issues.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Are you insured? Are you licensed? Whats the plan of action for my lawn and what should I expect to see throughout the year? A professional in my field should at least have an applicators license to apply fertilizer. I am certified in the category for turf which is issued by the Dept. of agricultural resources.
- What brands or products do you work with?
Depending on what the customer wants I can deliver many different options from Harrels to lesco and from milky spore to corn gluten meal. All will be explained at the meet and greet with each customer.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
As long as the customer follows the instructions throughout the year, every job comes out looking great.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
Why is my lawn turning brown?
Every lawn is different. It could be insects or fungus. It could also be not watering enough or in my case airport hill is all ledge. I have brown spots in my lawn in may due to the ledge absorbing the heat and cooking my lawn in certain areas.
This is the most common one. Any other questions can and will be answered as I welcome all questions from customers. An educated customer is a good customer.