David's Small Engine Repair
Bunker Hill, WV
Areas of service:Winchester, Martinsburg and Bunker Hill
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact David's Small Engine Repair
Small Engine Repair
Request an estimate
David's Small Engine Repair - Bunker Hill, WV
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that David Bell may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About David's Small Engine Repair
My name’s David Bell. I repair:
- Water pumps
- Pressure washers
- Snow blowers
- And more
My service rates:
- Labor is $40 per hour
- Mower blade and chainsaw chain sharpening is $4.00 each
- Rope start repair is $10 plus cost of parts
- Oil changes $15 or $25 depending on equipment
I also sell parts. Any special orders must be prepaid by cash or PayPal.
Contact me with questions today!
Questions and answers
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Trading there old run down lawn equipment in for a newer one. Buying aftermarket parts verses OEM parts.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
I average 10 or more projects in a year. From engines rebuilds to replacing engines to transmission work.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
Fixing a electrical short on a old mtd/hechinger riding mower. The mower had a dirty ground connection that kept from being able to start with the key.
- What brands or products do you work with?
All brands. MTD, cub cadet, poulan, murray, noma, john deere, toro, lawnboy, tory built, bolens, honda, stihl, husquvarnia, homelite, etc.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
rope start repair, blade shapening, oil changes, rebuilt carburators, battery replacement.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
What is your labor rate?
Is my equipment worth fixing?
Do you charge for estimates?
What do give on trade in?
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
- Small engine repair
- Automotive repair
- House restoration
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
30-day warranty on parts and labor that's related to the repair done. If the lawn equipment isnt worth fixing I offer to buy it from them or trade in for another one.
- How did you get started?
I took semester course in high school, then worked for a small repair shop til they sold out, and then continued small repair service on my own. I've been small engine repair since June of 1996.