DJ Darq Knight ENT
Areas of service:Miami, Hollywood, Hialeah, Miami Beach, Opa Locka, Homestead, Hallandale and North Miami Beach
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact DJ Darq Knight ENT
Professional DJ Services
Request an estimate
DJ Darq Knight ENT - Miami, FL
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Adam Wilson may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About DJ Darq Knight ENT
Adam Wilson, also known as DJ Dark Knight, is a professional disk jock that provides services for various events such as weddings, anniversaries, showers, birthdays, office parties, and many more.
I have a four-deck American Audio mixer, Yamaha speakers, Staner subwoofer, wireless microphones, and an assortment of effects and lighting that's sure to meet your needs.
DJ Dark Knight specializes in all types of music.
Questions and answers
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
I would definitely recommend that they stay away from dates that are near holidays. You want to try to contact a DJ who may be a little less experienced or someone who doesn't have a large amount of equipment to carry around. To be quite honest, like most business or services DJing is really no different; unfortunately most times you get what you paid for. But those are a couple of things that may help you cut costs.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
Each and every job I do is something I'm proud of...because I put everything I have into my product. I stay up late and wake up early working on playlists and speaking with clients so they can help me come to know them and their expectations better. But to answer the question I did a wedding a few months back and those are more work but also a little more gratifying because there's a larger purpose for everyone coming together.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
I offer free gifts such as T-shirts, magnets, and mugs. I also call and e-mail my customers within 72 hours to follow up and assure that my services met their every need.
In addition, I offer my clients discounted rates on future parties.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Every job is different in some way, shape or form. Just like people. You can't take one job and do it the same way you did the last one. Every crowd is gonna be different you just have to find a way to connect.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
It's extremely difficult and not as easy as it looks. It's a very competitive industry, and only the strong survive. As a DJ, you have to stay ahead of the competition and focus on keeping up with the times.
- What brands or products do you work with?
As forementioned I work with a four deck American Audio VMS 4 Mixer. A great piece of equipment. Yamaha speakers, staner subwoofer, wireless mics, Chauvet fog machine and a variety of sound and lighting effects. I have over 260 yards of speaker cables. Believe me when I tell you...I got what you need.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
- How many years the individual has been in this field.
- What genres of music they specialize in (not everyone does everything). * What the individual do to make your event memorable. DJing is not just playing music. it's about providing atmosphere.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
I average anywhere from 125 different projects a year.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
I specialize in entertainment and crowd participation/involvement, scratching. I play all types of music:
- Hip Hop
- Oldies (but goodies)
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I have worked in many bars, lounges, and clubs all over South Florida in Dade and Broward Counties. Luckily you don't need certifications to do what I do. Just a passion and a knowledge for you job, music, and entertainment.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
How far in advance should they call me if they want to assure that I will be able to service there event. The answer to that question is immediately. The worst thing you can do is wait until the last moment and have to settle for a DJ you don't want. The sooner the better. For your information, most DJ's will require some sort of partial payment to book you for a specific date.
- How did you get started?
My love of music. When it comes to the art of music; I love everything about it. So I decided that I'd take my passion and turn it into a business. If what you do for a living is something you love, you'll never work a day in your life.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I'm an African-American male who has strong Latin ties. I used to instruct Salsa for a few years, and I have a passion for Latin music, food, and culture.
I am so well diversified. I haven't heard a piece of music that I haven't liked. When it comes to music and entertainment, I do it all!
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Well first and foremost its all about letting the individual get to know you. You wouldn't need to have any documents or anything with you; you just need to let the professional know a little bit of information about you. Your likes and dislikes, favorite artists, etc.; and a true professional will be able to take it from there.