Loading, please wait...
Donovan Brothers Construction Inc. has been delivering outstanding services and, most of all, quality to homeowners for more than twelve years. For that reason, we are already mindful of the things that matter to our valued clients. After all, we are fully aware that what you need is a contractor whose expertise stands out in every aspect of your project.
We want you to be confident with the fact that we have assisted in achieving the dreams of thousands of families. Moreover, we guarantee that we’ll work diligently to gain your trust by delivering you with reputable professional guidance as well as proven advice as you move ahead with whatever project you may have. Call us today!
We offer comprehensive services that are designed to cater to your particular construction, remodeling or restoration requirements. Every project we undertake is different, so our artisans are versatile, multi-talented and able to take on a wide array of construction projects.
|Elk River, MN 55330|
|Contact Nick Donovan|
|Nick Donovan accepts cash, checks, Paypal and credit cards|
1. Is the contractor licensed? Ask to see a copy of it. Check with the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry at 651-284-5065 or www.doli.state.mn.us.
2. Is the contractor insured? Ask the insurance company to send you a certificate of insurance. Also, ask to see the subcontractors insurance. Is there enough coverage if something should go wrong?
3. How long have they been in business?
5. Check with the Better Business Bureau.
7. Do they specialize in your type of work? Will they match the existing house specifications?
8. How professional does the firm seem to you?
10. Will the contractor furnish a list of all subcontractors who will work on your house? You need to know who will be inside your house.
11. Do they work from 8 to 5 Monday thru Friday or just nights and weekends?
12. Does the contractor agree to furnish 20 to 30 references of comparable work? Ask to look at their work and talk with the homeowners.
13. Do they seem organized enough to handle your project?
1 5.Ask for the names of 3 major suppliers they have done business with in the last 5 years.
16. Is the proposal detailed in its content? Does it list all the specifics so you have no questions as to what you will receive? Does it include a contract?
17. How long did it take to receive the final proposal? If it takes longer than 2 weeks, that may be an indication of the time to complete your project.
18. Who applies for the permit? If a contractor asks you to get the permit, he is up to no good. If he does not get the permit, you have no recourse against him if something should go wrong.
19. When will construction start and how long will it take?
21. What is the contractor's warranty? What things are covered?
22. Is a lien waiver provided?
24. Base your decision to hire a contractor on more than just the lowest bid. The lowest bid will get done sometime, but not on time.
25. Remember, You're Buying The Process, Not The Project.
Donovan Brothers Construction Inc was established to fulfill homeowners' dreams. Our expert general contractors have been in the field for over 12 years, and can handle any job – interior or exterior, large or small – with skill, integrity and professionalism. So whether you're planning a major addition or remodeling project, or you simply need a bit of fresh paint, there's one company to call: Donovan Brothers Construction Inc. We look forward to making your vision a reality!
Donovan Brothers Construction Inc averages between 15 - 30 jobs a year depending on the size and location of these jobs.
At Donovan Brothers Construction Inc, we know what matters to you. After all, we’ve been offering outstanding quality and service to homeowners for over 12 years! We know that you want a contractor whose expertise shines through in every aspect of your construction project. We further want you to be secure in the knowledge that Donovan Brothers Construction Inc has fulfilled the dreams of thousands of homeowners and their families. We will work diligently to gain your trust and confidence by providing you with established professional guidance and proven advice as you move forward with whatever project you may have.
A contractor can use their experience and expertise to work for you or against you. You, indirectly, get to choose only one or the other. A very good contractor can only produce very good projects. It goes against his grain to use low bids from subcontractors or suppliers. His bid will feel high.
A bad remodeler, on the other hand, doesn't have the ability to produce a good job. He just doesn't know how. He uses the lowest priced subcontractors and suppliers because he doesn't know the difference between GOOD and BAD work. He never will. His goal is the low bid. And your search for a "bargain," so engrained in us as Americans, makes you his target.
With over 50 materials suppliers and subcontractors involved in any given project, and at least 10 of each to select from locally, a contractor has 500 subcontractors and vendors to choose from. He can select either the ones that can do the best job on time, or the lowest bids that will get it done sometime. Believe me, marriages have gone on the rocks because there were subs who did not show up, did not show up on time, did not do the work correctly and according to specs, and then do not stand behind their work.
So if you are looking for the lowest bid, there is no magic to producing one. There is, however, a lot of magic if a low bid project is pulled off without a log of delays and cost overruns. In home remodeling, you truly do get what you pay for.
It cannot be repeated too often: When the contractor has nothing to lose, the homeowner stands to lose everything.
When you finally get a contractor who passes the Questionnaire and you enter into a contract, you should treat your association like a partnership. Your contractor shouldn't try to short change you, and you shouldn't short change him. The first one who tries to nail the other will provoke the other to do the same. Then you have an adversarial relationship you didn't want or expect, and from there on things go downhill very quickly.
If a contractor won't give you GOOD upfront service, it's merely a preview of the way he works and will work on your job. Call someone else.
Donovan Brothers Construction Inc stands tall as one of Minnesota's foremost general contractors, offering a two-year, quality and craftsmanship warranty – double that of the industry standard! This is in addition to our 10-year structural warranty. That’s how confident we are that you will be completely satisfied with your finished project and how we’ve completed it.
Donovan Brothers Construction Inc had honest estimates. Workmanship and material furnished as promised, workmanship was excellent with prompt attention to detail. The now finished project was a four season porch (appx. 500 SF). A deck was also added together with a full kitchen and cabinets. Nick was very patient and spent about six months assisting us with planning for the project. We have a very fine upscale home, the addition was every bit as luxurious as the rest of our home.
Nick helped with the planning. He and the crew were respectful and demonstrated excellent craftsmanship. The project was on time and under the quoted price. I had a very rough idea for a garage loft. Nick, on two occasions, helped me to better specify the project. Compared to the other two contractors I consulted, Nick demonstrated a much higher level of professionalism and service. The crew were respectful, clean, did excellent work and were always available for questions. They completed the project on time, under budget and were very concerned for my satisfaction. The loft was better than I had imagined and, most importantly, my wife loved all the new storage space.
Nick helped with planning, he and the crew were respectful and demonstrated excellent craftsmanship. The project was on time and under quoted price. I had a very rough idea for a garage loft. Nick, on two occasions, helped me to better specify the project.
Donovan Brothers Construction Inc. had honest estimates. The workmanship and material furnished were as promised. Workmanship was excellent with prompt attention to detail. The now finished project was a four season porch (approximately 500 SF). A deck was also added together with a full kitchen and cabinets. Nick was very patient and spent about six months assisting us with planning for the project. We have a very fine upscale home. The addition was every bit as luxurious as the rest of our home.
Your testimonial has been sent successfully. However, it must be reviewed by Fixr before going live. This action takes around 24 hours.
Thank you for using Fixr!
Our apologies, but your testimonial hasn't been sent successfully. Please try again after a few minutes.