EagleTech Computer Service
Areas of service:Portland, Vancouver, Beaverton, Hillsboro, Gresham, Oregon City, Lake Oswego, Woodburn, West Linn, Battle Ground, Newberg, Tualatin, Clackamas and Eagle Creek.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact EagleTech Computer Service
Request an estimate
EagleTech Computer Service - Eagle Creek, OR
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Tom Sparks may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About EagleTech Computer Service
EagleTech Computer Service is a residential ($30/hr) and small business ($40/hr) onsite computer repair service for desktop and laptop PCs, serving the Portland Metro and outlying areas as well as Southwest Washington. I have more than 25 years of experience.
I don't favor a flat fee approach of $80 or $90 because I don't think it serves my client's best interests. Most often I've completed my repairs inside 1.5hrs - $30-$45.
- Hardware Repair
- Virus Removal
- Network and Printer Setup
- Program Configuration
- System Speed Improvement
- Computer Training
- Email Setup
- Remote PC to PC service
And whatever your computer needs may be! I'm always happy to serve!
Here's is a short Introductory Video to my services:
Call me today: 503-577-4201
Questions and answers
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
How did I get this virus?
Answer: Surfing the internet, opening email links, installing helper video programs.
Why do people put viruses on our computers?
Answer: Money...money...and power over people...ugly hearts.
How did you learn everything you know???
Answer: Thousands and thousands of hours studying and working with computers!
- How many projects do you average in a year?
I work with approximately 3000 clients each year, in both the residential and small business environment.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
Having worked with computers over 25 years I've been around the block many times and over the years have learned a great deal about caring for clients and their computers. It's not enough to just know computers, it is important to treat folks right. By the time I've completed a task for a new client we've become friends, and they have enjoyed the repair experience.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
That integrity is as important to me as my knowledge and experience. I will treat my clients with the highest degree of honesty and integrity, as if they were my closest friends or family members. I'm continually studying my trade and learning new insights.
Too many Technicians make their clients feel stupid and fail to respect them. The whole field of computing is an ever changing field and unless a person is a technician they can't possibly have the scope of knowledge to solve all their computing issues. I understand this and do everything I can to assure my clients their lack of knowledge is normal.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
- Virus removal,
- Network setup,
- Printer installs,
- Program configuration,
- Speeding up computing systems,
- What brands or products do you work with?
I'm a PC repair technician...any make or model.
PCs:HP, Lenovo, Toshiba, Asus, Acer, Samsung, Gateway.
For PCs I strongly recommend Lenovo, Toshiba, Asus.
For Hard Drives I recommend Western Digital
For Memory Chips I recommend Kingston, Crucial, Super Talent
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
Just recently I helped Eagle Trailer Mfg., a local Portland business, upgrade their three office computers to three new computers. I setup and installed each computer, their network, all their printers and their business software. The project went smoothly and all is working well.
They are a great company to work with and the project went very well.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
In the evenings and on weekends I'm happy to remotely connect to my clients' computers for remote service using the free AMMYY remote connecting software.
I'm also happy to answer questions over the phone. If I've made changes to your system and you need explanations please call me...you are not a bother.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
- How long have you been in business?
- Are you insured?
- Do you have a website with references?
- Are there any of your business clients I can call who would verify your skill and integrity?
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Honest Customer Service,
Speeding up client's computers,
Problem solving program errors,
Setting up wireless networks,
Helping my client's better understand how to work with their computers.
- How did you get started?
In 1982, while teaching at one of Portland's local colleges, one of my students urged me to begin using a computer for the preparation of my class notes. He helped me get my start in computers and immediately I developed a strong interest in the computer.
From there, over the years, I have continually studied and developed my understanding and skills. My business is also my hobby - a great combination!
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
- Your address,
- Your phone number,
- The Make and Model of your computer,
- A list of the issues you are facing with your computer,
- How old your computer is,
- Original system and program software, however I have most of what we'll need if you can't find yours.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Use my services! Honestly, my fee of $30/hr for the residential client, and $40/hr for the small business client.
I also offer a nice deposit service. For clients who want to be able to make that quick "Help!" call, that lasts around 5 to 15 minutes, I suggest my clients go to my website and use the "Pay for Services Here" tab and deposit an hour's worth of time - $30, then the client can feel free to call without worrying whether they are bothering me or taking unfair advantage of my time. Many of my clients love this service.