East Tennessee Boat and Truck Repair
Areas of service:Knoxville, Oak Ridge, Corbin, Clinton, Lenoir City, Powell and La Follette
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact East Tennessee Boat and Truck Repair
Boat, Truck & Vehicle Repair
Request an estimate
East Tennessee Boat and Truck Repair - La Follette, TN
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Joshua Goins may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About East Tennessee Boat and Truck Repair
Hi, my name is Josh. I have 15 years of experience in repairing or rebuilding anything that has a motor. I have a degree in auto diesel technology from Nashville Auto Diesel College.
I am available from 8 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday for $40 an hour; after hours or weekends for $60 an hour.
I am willing to travel. Travel cost will be arranged. I work on boats (inboard or outboard) diesel or gas. I can work on any vehicle or jet skis. I will work on anything you have and will do pickup and delivery of boats, jet skis and trailers.
Please contact me for more details and samples of my work.
Questions and answers
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I am a Us merchant marine and former firefighter. I also built race cars and raced dirtbikes when i was younger.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
auto diesel and marine repair. I can fix anything that has a motor. I have a degree in auto diesel technology from nashville auto diesel college. I have been working on everything since i have been 16. I can also work on machinery. anything that has a motor.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
im proud of all my jobs because my customers are able to enjoy the vehicle or boat I repaired for them if the customer isnt happy im not either
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
What is your background? What is your hourly wage?nHow long will it take to fix? Can I have an estimate of the cost?
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
The customer will have a warranty if they buy any parts from my supplier. I will fix it if the warranty covers the part plus they will have to pay the hourly wage.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
engine size and year help alot in cars in boats the type of engine and outdrives are most usefull.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
as many as I can get. Never count jobs or projects. I can say that I am always busy but If I have to say a number so far in last month im at near thirty for this month of july
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
quality parts and a good mechanic is key a parts changer that puts on cheap parts equals bad ending in long run. its cheaper to rebuild or repower than buy new car or boat
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
can you come to my boat on the water and can you take debit cards my answer is yes to both I offer mobile service and take all cards.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
no common repairs except for a service or prop replacement.
- How did you get started?
Always been a mechanic wanted to make a hobby into a profession
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
not all of us are bad and we all dont gouge or put the customer over the barrel. some of us are here to help.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
master heavyduty diesel and marine technition I am certified by cat cummins detroit mack volvo international.
DOT airbrake certification kenworth course 100 kenworth bendix air brake systems cat a/c certification macs lifetime 608 a/c 134a.
I also have more certifications
- What brands or products do you work with?
mallory fel-pro accel quicksilver yamaha evinrude johnson evinrude can-am summit racing i use gm performance and ford racing products on marine and gas performance engines