Electrical Systems Service, Inc.
Areas of service:Washington, Alexandria, Silver Spring, Arlington, Woodbridge, Hyattsville, Fairfax, Gaithersburg, Manassas, Rockville, Falls Church, Springfield, Laurel, Bethesda, Herndon, Germantown, Upper Marlboro, Sterling, Waldorf, Centreville, Vienna, Reston, Annandale, Fort Washington, Mc Lean, Potomac, Burke, Capitol Heights, Temple Hills, District Heights, Lanham, Leesburg, Ashburn, Clinton, Montgomery Village, College Park, Suitland, Chevy Chase, Oxon Hill, Takoma Park, Olney, Chantilly, Beltsville, Dumfries and Greenbelt.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Electrical Systems Service, Inc.
Licensed Electrical Contractors
Request an estimate
Electrical Systems Service, Inc. - Fairfax, VA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Steve Zinn may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Electrical Systems Service, Inc.
Electrical Systems Service, Inc. has been in business since 1984. Serving northern VA, we have many lifelong customers.
Some of our services calls consist of troubleshooting, panel upgrades, lighting installs, generator installs, hot tubs, phone and network and any and all things electrical.
We are a small, fully bonded and insured company that offers very competitive pricing.
Questions and answers
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Your contact info.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Ask about license, bond, insurance and references and how long they've been in business.
- How did you get started?
Started many years ago as an apprentice. Tested for journeyman's license. Tested for Master's in 1984. Started business in 1984.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
People generally will have very specific questions about a specific job they are looking to get done. I would be glad to talk with them about anything they want done. For most residential work we can give them a price right over the phone. If they give me accurate info then then price will be accurate. Treat your contractor fair and that is how you will be treated.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
One year warranty on labor and material which we have supplied. We will give you our cell phone number which you can contact for emergency needs.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
I am estimating about 50 jobs a year.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
I wish they understood the time it takes to drive to the jobsite, and then the expensive gas this requires. They also do not see that it takes time to drive back. They may view the half hour that you spend in their home or office as the only time spent on one job. We may however have spent several hours. This is why we have to get minimum charges. The same is true with ordering supplies. It can take many hours to obtain some supplies.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Small companies with low overhead will almost always give a better price and a cleaner job.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Residential work ,commercial repair and service.generator installs . phone and network installs , troubleshooting,service calls, free estimates. phone estimates. very competitive pricing , low overhead,
emergency service. all things electrical home or office
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
VA state Master's license
Continuing education certificate
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
A very large remodel of a single family in Arlington Va.
They call these pop ups, these are more involved than a new house because you have to combine old with new.
I enjoyed the job and the customer, have been hired by them for additional work.
- What brands or products do you work with?
Cutler hammer, Square D, GE, Lightolear, Casablanca, Broan, Nutone, Generac, Koeler, Onan and Leviton
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Recessed lights are very popular today, cielig fans. panel upgrades, service calls. Kitchen and bath remodel.
Basement finishing. Repair of lights for offices. Decks and porches are popular. Call about anything it does not hurt to ask. I also know many skilled tradesman.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I can promise you from years of doing this type of work,
that if you do not treat your customers well they will never call you again. I would starve if it were not for repeat customers. It will be my aim then, to make you a customer for life, of which I have many.