Areas of service:San Francisco, Oakland, Fremont, Hayward, Sunnyvale, San Mateo, Concord, Daly City, Berkeley, Redwood City, Santa Clara, San Leandro, Palo Alto, Walnut Creek, Richmond, Mountain View, Alameda, Union City, Pleasanton, Milpitas, South San Francisco, San Pablo, Castro Valley, Danville, Martinez, San Ramon, Newark, Burlingame, Los Altos, San Bruno, Menlo Park, Pacifica, Pleasant Hill, Dublin, San Carlos, San Lorenzo, Belmont, El Sobrante, Emeryville, Lafayette, El Cerrito, Hercules and Millbrae.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Finest Drywall
The Drywall Ranger
Request an estimate
Finest Drywall - San Lorenzo, CA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Monserrate Perez may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Finest Drywall
My name is Monserrate Perez.
I am an owner operator and licensed contractor specializing in Sheetrock installation, drywall finishes, smooth wall spray texture, drywall repair, popcorn removals, and metal stud framing.
I have thirteen years' experience, and I serve the San Francisco bay area.
For more information about my services, please contact me now.
Questions and answers
- How did you get started?
When I was a young boy, I saw a home improvement TV show called "This Old House."
I then knew I wanted to be in the construction trade.
I took wood shop class in junior high school and senior high school.
I also attended a 2-year trade school program.
I learned basic carpentry skills.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
- Metal stud framing
- Sheetrock install
- Drywall finish
- Sound reduction walls
- Popcorn ceiling texture removals
- Drywall new finish makeovers
- Prep for painting
- Plaster patch repairs
- Light painting
- Light carpentry
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
It takes years to master my trades. Jack of all trades master at none.
Carpenters, handymen, and painters are not drywall pros.
Some people can be great at hanging Sheetrock but horrible at drywall mudding or vice versa.
It takes years to master 1 trade.
Sheerock installation is one trade, drywall mudding is another, metal stud framing another, etc. They all take around 5 years to master.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I am a drywall state contractor.
I am a journeyman in all 3 trades of metal stud framing, sheetrock installation and drywall finishing.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
Most of all my projects are from do-it-yourself-ers.
They get overwhelmed and end up calling me.
I then solve their stress after they notice my skills.
I enjoy helping people with my services.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
20 to 30.
Some are 3-day jobs; others are 2-week jobs; some are 1-month jobs.
I have done hundreds of projects of all kinds--residential, commercial, remodels, live-in remodels etc.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
- Do you have references pertaining to your trade?
- How many years of experience do you have?
- Did you learn your trade from trial and error, or were you taught by industry professionals?
- Do you have pictures of your work?
- Do you have any how-to videos about your trade skills?
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Hire an owner worker-contractor, someone who can get it done.
You get what you pay for.
Always have access to drinking water so your hired worker doesn't get dehydrated and end up with less productivity, etc.
- What brands or products do you work with?
I always use fast set types of joint compound mud, hot mud; it dries much faster, making my drywall process move along much faster.
Real pros always use hot mud.