Areas of service:Bellefonte
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Flyland Designs
Freelance Graphic Design and Illustration
Request an estimate
Flyland Designs - Bellefonte, PA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Brian Allen may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Flyland Designs
I am Brian Allen of Flyland Designs, a freelance graphic design and illustration business specializing in:
- Children's books
- Logo design
- Brochure design
- Website design
- App design
I specialize in comic book art and children's book art. Contact me today!
Questions and answers
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
There is a lot of behind-the-scenes work that goes into every product. For example, every project usually begins with research and collecting reference images. It's important to remember that even the most simple artwork still takes a large investment of time.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I love science fiction and comic book art of all kinds. I have a 4-year-old son and a 9-month old daughter.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
Here is a helpful FAQ:
Q: Can you sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement?
Q: Have you always loved to draw?
A: As long as I can remember!
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
It's important to have a clear idea of what you want the final product to be. Here is a list:
- What do you want the product to accomplish?
- Who is the target audience?
- What artwork style do you want the product to be in?
- When do you need it?
- How many projects do you average in a year?
I can average anywhere between 150-200 projects per year. Some can be very small, like T-shirt designs, and others involve designing a company's brand identity and website.
- What brands or products do you work with?
I work with:
- Apps (iPad and iPhone)
- Comic books
- Children's books (including pop-up books)
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
One of my favorite projects was working for Chuck Liddell of the UFC. I helped design his website and T-shirts for his apparel company.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
- What style is your artwork?
- How many revisions are included in the quote?
- What copyrights are included in the quote?
- How did you get started?
I learned a lot at my first job working for a motorcycle graphics company. My boss was a veteran of the video game industry and taught me a lot of tricks.
I then spent 7 years working for a large book publisher and learned a lot of techniques relevant to the printing industry.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
I specialize in:
- Comic book illustration
- Children's book illustration
- Graphic design
- Logo design
- Web design
- App design
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
If you are looking for a budget product, you may need to lower your expectations.
Hiring a student, or someone overseas, or someone who does this part-time (not me, I am a full-time freelancer) can save you money, but they can be undependable and the results may be less than you were hoping for.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
I do a huge mix of things. I consider myself an artwork-handyman. But probably the most common project right now is T-shirt design.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
I provide the artwork in all necessary file formats. I can also help implement the artwork on the client's website or other marketing materials.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I have a BA Advertising/Marketing degree.
I've also won several art scholarships, and I have a certification in the Bobby Chiu Schoolism school of digital painting.