Harper Professional Painting Services
Areas of service:Buffalo, Niagara Falls, Lockport, Tonawanda, North Tonawanda, Hamburg, Lancaster, Orchard Park, Depew and Batavia
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Harper Professional Painting Services
Request an estimate
Harper Professional Painting Services - Depew, NY
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Karen Harper may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Harper Professional Painting Services
Hi, we are Harper Professional Painting Services. We specialize in the following areas:
- Interior and exterior painting
- Power washing
- Commercial and residential work
- Ceiling and wall repair
- Trim work
- Painting and wallpapering
There is no job too big or too small. We treat every location with respect. Areas are always left spotless.
Contact us today to request a quote on your project!
Questions and answers
- How many projects do you average in a year?
I do stay quite busy, for most of my commercial jobs I work evenings and weekends as not to disrupt their schedules. My weekly schedule stays almost always full. I would have to say with all the decks that I make a 3 years swing and keep up plus my weekly work and after hours work I do hundreds of location in a single year. With years of experience you pick up speed in the work, doing it day in and day out for over 25 years it just happens, so we get in and out as quickly as possible always leaving the area spotless. But the entire project is top priority at all times.
- How did you get started?
I moved into my very first apt. years ago and redid the entire thing. Being very young I never even asked permission. Well the landlord came for rent and loved it then hired me to paint his other apts. entry/stairway. His home and it just grew from there. I say this career picked me I worked at Welch Foods Inc for 8 years while I did this painting job evening and weekends til I finally figured out that I could have a nice little business and here we are.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Commercials on TV make my job seem so easy, "Get a room done in a weekend" It is alot harder than they make it look to get it right, from patching defects, sanding them properly and caulking all trim cracks to painting the area with no paint on trim or anywhere except where it should be, getting your cut lines perfectly straight. There is a lot of equipment involved to do the job right that most homeowners do not have. I say "do it right the first time and be done". My objective it to leave the customer with the best job that will last them as long as product recommendations
- What brands or products do you work with?
I work with whatever the clients prefers but I do highly recommend Sherwin Williams paint, The NEW product from Glidden - interior/exterior GEL trim and door paint.
I pass on my contractors discount to every single client.
My objective in purchasing paint is get it at a reasonable price and it has to have the proper finish for each area, they do vary from baths to kitchen and bedrooms,living/dinning room areas for the proper Professional finish that is required on every job. Harper Painting orders all paints, pickup and delivery to clients.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
- How much will this cost me? and how long will it take? Like I said above I like to make this as painless as possible for my clients
- What color would be best?
- How long will this last?
- Do you have full insurance?
- How long have you been doing this?
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
- WBBZ TV Station, Williamsville, NY, the entire area from back door to front including the front exterior.
- SPCA, Williamsville, NY entirely.
- back door to front door. T.G.I.Fridy's Williamsville, NY
- Life Styles Chiropractic offices in Snyder
- Plus many homes from Niagara Falls, lockport, Akron, to Springville and all in between From mansions to little apartments and garages.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Wallpaper removal has been hugh this year but all in all painting ceilings, walls and trim, this time of years decks and exteriors are big also.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Actually my clients need to do very little. They call me and we schedule a free estimate. I arrive at designated time and find out exactly what they are looking for. I check out the area and leave. I work up the estimate at my office as not to infringe on my clients time to much. I send estimate within 24 hours. Client calls and agrees to contract, we schedule a start date and pick colors. I do ask clients to remove any personal or treasured items from area, for protection, then we do the rest from moving furniture, doing all the work to completion, then cleaning up the entire area down to dusting and vacuuming. Usually clients have to replace outlet covers and anything on walls, since walls are to wet to replace these items when we are complete. So client does very little at all
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
- Painting and all prep that goes with that
- Wall/ceiling repair
- Power washing
- Wallpaper removal
- Wallpaper hanging
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I treat every account like it is my own living area and as such I want it done perfectly and have a professional look and feel when completed. I have chosen the color schemes for most of my jobs. Most people have a hard time envisioning what a certain color might look like. I can envision the end results and always take into consideration the clients flooring, furniture, drapery and art work to make sure you end up with a nice flow through out.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I have had several classes on certain ares of this job wallpapering, faux finishes etc. I am BBB Accredited and have been told I am on Angie's List. A company cannot pay to be on Angie's list you can only get on by happy clients giving you a glowing review on the list, so I am very happy about that.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
How many years experience? Do you have full insurance coverage? Do you have references and before and after pics?
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
If any of my customers need me back after completion for any reason, that is top priority, a happy client refers you to other clients, so every client is top priority to me from the every start. I would not be able to have this business without them.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
I am usually offering a discount and always treat my clients fairly. I have worked for the big painting companies when I first moved here to get my name out there enough to start my business up again after have to close it when we moved