Hartman Tree Service
Areas of service:Cecil
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Hartman Tree Service
Small Tree Removal
Request an estimate
Hartman Tree Service - Cecil, PA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Andrew Hartman may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Hartman Tree Service
Hi, I am Andrew Hartman of Hartman Tree Service. I do small tree removal but I mostly specialize in the cleanup of trees or tree branches that have already come down. I can remove materials or leave them on site. I will also cut and split firewood to leave on site if the client requests.
For your small tree jobs, don't pay the big boys - contact Hartman Tree Service!
Questions and answers
- How many projects do you average in a year?
I average a project a month but would like to expand upon that. I have the potential to handle several projects at once so call me.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
It is best to know the distance from standing trees to possible structures to avoid. The number of trees for the job, their approximate size, a best guess as to their species, and a time frame for their removal or cleanup are all great.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
I did work for a local church following Hurricane Sandy and its path of destruction. While the storm was nowhere near the severity of New Jersey and New York there was still damage in my area. I cut up the tree and converted it to firewood before the Sunday service preserving a clean grounds look.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Those of us in the tree industry may seem to take pleasure in the cutting down of trees, but what gives us the most pleasure is when the homeowner shares with us the plans to plant a replacement tree and thus keep our earth green and beautiful.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
I specialize in the felling and cutting up of simple tree jobs. I avoid the difficult ones close to houses or other structures and focus on providing a budget-friendly option on those jobs that do not require serious expertise. I also specialize in the removal of trees and tree branches that are already down and simply need cut up and removed.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
How much will this cost? Less than most.
How long will this take? Depends on the number and size of the trees.
Do you do free estimates? Yes.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
I remove waste from the job site and clean up the cutting area. I will also turn appropriate materials into firewood at the customer's request. I will stack it where requested to within reason.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
There are no certifications or affiliations related to the kind of work that I am offering. I come from the school of hard work and experience.
- What brands or products do you work with?
I utilize Stihl and Jonsered chain saws. Primarily Oregon bars and the corresponding chain. The rest is just good old fashioned work ethic and elbow grease.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
What kind of tree work have you done? My job is simple, will you look at it and tell me if you agree? If you do agree would you give me a lower price for easy work?
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Most tree service companies have large overhead because they have to have equipment for the challenging technical cutting they do. I have little overhead and thus can pass that savings on to you.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
The most common jobs that I get are those people that have small to medium trees that need removed or that have already fallen down that need removed.
- How did you get started?
I grew up in a log house that was heated by a wood burner, so from a very early age I have been felling and cleaning trees. Turning them into firewood was a necessity.
December 5, 2012
Andrew was prompt and courteous, professional and easy to work with. Good Guy who I would recommend to anybody.
- Andrew S