Areas of service:Louisville, Frankfort, New Albany, Jeffersonville, Shepherdsville, Shelbyville, Clarksville and Crestwood
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Glass Repair and Replacement
Request an estimate
Inst-I-Glass - Crestwood, KY
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Ori Schurr may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
Inst-I-Glass provides all your glass needs. We are your glass replacement and installation specialist. We can serve all your light commercial and residential flat glass needs.
We deliver the following installation and replacement services:
- Door glass
- Window glass
- Pattern glass
- Safety glass
- Table tops
- Scratch removal
- Shower enclosures
Questions and answers
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Seal failed (foggy or moisture between the panes) of double paned (also know as thermal pane or insulated) glass in double hung windows (where both sashes slide up and down).
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
We are the only insulated glass replacement business with the ability to create insulated glass on site in less than an hour.
- How did you get started?
The business got its start with a simple idea, "how can we replace insulated glass faster than anyone else, with the best quality at a competitive price?" The engineering idea to create insulated glass on-site was born shortly thereafter. Now you don't have to replace the entire window or door, just the bad glass and at a much cheaper price than replacing the entire unit.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
Once we are finished at your home or business you shouldn't need us, but if you experience any issues we are there for you. Our insulated glass carries a 10 year warranty against seal failures!
- How many projects do you average in a year?
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
You are going to make this double paned glass, right now, right here??
The answer is, "Yes!".
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
How long will it take this company to fix my insulated glass? Most units are replaced by Inst-I-Glass in an hour or less...the competition can take weeks, start to finish. nnWill the glass going back in have aluminum spacer (that shiny metal piece in between your existing panes)? Inst-I-Glass uses a hard foam spacer that doesn't conduct heat and cold like that old style insulated unit you have, so it's warmer and less prone to seal failures.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
That the cast majority of insulated glass made today is the same old aluminum spacer technology from their grandparents era. Look into our spacer material - Super Spacer! A true warm edge technology that adapts to temperature changes, takes pressure changes and therefore is less likely to seal fail or break.
Also, a lot if manufacturers still use single strength glass, while we use double strength.
But MOST importantly, the process to replace insulated glass takes most people weeks or at best days. When our mobile manufacturing plant rolls up to your home or business, you are just an hour away from a completed job (based on the average single sash/casement window).
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
On-site creation of double and triple pane insulated glass. If someone has a sash with broken or seal failed/fogged glass (a seal failure lets moisture in between the panes) we take the old insulated glass out, manufacture a new sealed insulated unit in our mobile manufacturing plant on wheels!
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
All of our projects are praise worthy and every job gets the same care, whether your insulated glass is in a one bedroom condo or a mutli-million dollar estate.
- What brands or products do you work with?
All types of window and doors from existing manufacturers as well as those that have gone out if business years ago. If it has insulated glass in it...we work with it!
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Replace your glass not your window or door. Entire windows and doors cam cost you thousands of dollars, when all you really need is a insulated glass replacement that is on average a couple hundred.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
A few things about your window or door:
Is the material around the glass wood, vinyl or metal?
Is your glass single pane, double or triple pane?
Is your existing glass LowE or does it have a tint on the glass?
What is the visible size of the glass (width x height)?
Are there grids (dividers) between the panes (if double or triple paned)?