J Zollicoffer Personal Fitness
Areas of service:Chicago
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact J Zollicoffer Personal Fitness
Request an estimate
J Zollicoffer Personal Fitness - Chicago, IL
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Jeff Zollicoffer may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About J Zollicoffer Personal Fitness
I offer expert personal training and nutritional guidance specifically tailored to each client’s determined goals. Check out the facilities at www.evolvefitnesschicago.com.
My programs may assist my clients to:
- Improve strength
- Build endurance
- Increase flexibility and range of motion
- Build and tone muscles
- Decrease body fat and lose inches
- Train for the sport of running.
- Develop a better quality of life
- New Member Special- 3 sessions for $150
- 14 day Weight-Loss Challenge (call for more details)
Questions and answers
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
I wish customers knew how well professional trainers care about what we do and want what's best for our clients.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
I recommend the potential clients have an open mind, high expectations (of both themselves and their trainer), an understanding support group, and dreams, dreams, dreams. If we shoot for the stars and reach the moon...I think that's a pretty good day's work.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Most clients are looking for weight loss initially. But once the weight comes off, a whole new world of possibilities always opens up. I've seen clients decide to do triathlons, become recreational skiers, and even participate in bodybuilding competitions once the barriers have been destroyed.
- What brands or products do you work with?
I work with the human body, the bounty of the earth, love, sweat, and will. All of these products are mutual between me and my clients. I put a lot into our sessions and I expect a lot out from my clients.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
Everybody and every body is unique. We don't all have the same concerns. But my answer always come down to individual needs and how bad they want it.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
I would recommend that someone who is looking to save money focus on not wasting their time, rather than saving their money. One can always make payment arrangements. I allow my clients to pay and train for half sessions. Working out with a partner also decreases the cost per session. But, quality of service should always be the order of business. We only get one body!
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
I am always available to my clients. Once we've trained, you're like family. I always answer questions via text, email, and phone from all of my clients, past and present.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
I practice functionally integrated training. An integrated training program that effective incorporates all types of training as part of a progressive system that is designed to safely increase stabilization, strength and power, resulting in a healthy, balanced body, operating at optimum levels of functioning.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
Customers may not know that I want them to reach their goals as much, and sometimes even more, than they do. They just have to show up with a sincere willingness to try, and a real desire to make changes in their lives.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
Too many to count.
- How did you get started?
I was an athlete as a youth and teen. As a result, I've always interested in health and fitness my entire life. I obtained my first certification from the American Council on Exercise. Subsequently I have earned certifications from USA Track & Field, as a coach and the National Academy of Sports Medicine. I trained for several years at popular area gym, then I left to start my own business. Being independent allows me to give my clients what they need without the pressure of corporate sales quotas.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Customers should certainly ask about available days and times, cancellation policy, payment methods and pricing, as well as general philosophy on fitness and nutrition. But most importantly, they should just get a feel for the trainer's personality. They'll spend a tremendous amount of time with this person and share with them sensitive information. Trust and camaraderie need to be instantaneous.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
American Council on Exercise-Personal Trainer
American Council on Exercise-Lifestyle and weight management consultant
USA Track & Field-Coach
National Academy of Sports Medicine-Personal Trainer
National Academy of Sports Medicine-Corrective Exercise Specialist
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
Every client that I have is special. Everyone's accomplishments are unique and well earned. I have helped people overcome fears and knock down barriers. I look at my clients as my children. One doesn't love one child more than another,nor does one child give make their parent more proud than the other. I don't compare clients results against each other but I do share in the joy of each. Helping someone who has never run before complete their first marathon in the fall of 2011 gives me the same tremendous joy as watching someone do their first un-assisted chin-up in the spring of 2012.
May 1, 2012
I have trained with Jeff Zollicoffer of J. Zollicoffer Personal Training for several years and referred many friends to him. He is dedicated to his clients' goals and committed to helping them achieve those goals safely and completely. He is always researching new techniques and incorporating them into workouts, which are never the same and never boring. Soft-spoken and with a good sense of humor, Jeff will always listen carefully to what you say (and what remains unsaid) to find just the right way to motivate you and help you reach your goals. I highly recommend him.- Chu