Areas of service:Sacramento, Elk Grove, Citrus Heights, Roseville, Davis, Yuba City, Carmichael, Woodland, Folsom, Rancho Cordova, Auburn, Fair Oaks, Rocklin, Antelope, Placerville, North Highlands, Orangevale, West Sacramento, Shingle Springs, Galt, El Dorado Hills and Granite Bay.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Beauty and Special-Effect Make-up Artist
Request an estimate
JennAllure - Citrus Heights, CA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Jenna Cosens may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
We specialize in beauty makeup for weddings, modeling, prom, homecoming, pageants, and even dance competitions.
We also do special effects makeup for films, theater productions, Halloween, and even photo shoots.
I am very reasonably priced and always looking for models. If you are interested but not sure if I am right for you, ask about our free consultations.
Not only do I do free consultations but I have monthly deals and a referral program. So please don't hesitate. Send me a message now and see what I can do for you!
Questions and answers
- What types of jobs are the most common?
For me, weddings, pageants, and film special FX. But lately, proms and homecomings have been more prominent!
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
What products do you use?
Do you give free consultations?
Do you have any references?
How quickly can you finish a job?
- How did you get started?
I started in a makeup special effects class. Then I started going to pageants and modelling shows to do makeup. And then somebody asked me if my services could be used in the film industry. Right now, I have many clients in beauty pageants and film industries.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
- Free consultations
- Monthly deals
- Photos to remember
- Referral incentives
- Sometimes you can keep the makeup!
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I love getting my makeup done professionally! It's so incredibly relaxing and makes me feel special and famous!
- How many projects do you average in a year?
I average about fifty projects a year, but my clientele base is in the hundreds. I just depend on what people are interested in that year!
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
How much do you charge?
It depends on what you want done and how long it will take me, plus what products I will use. But I am very affordable!
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Not all makeup artist are equal. Everyone has a different style and it may not be yours. Ask if they do free consultations before the big day to see if they are your cup of tea!
- What brands or products do you work with?
Ben Nye mostly!
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
What you are looking for in your make-up design
What you want
What style you prefer
What products you prefer
and What is your budget!
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Beauty make-up, special fx make-up. Weddings, prom/homecoming, modeling, pageants, dance competitions, film, photoshoots, theater productions, halloween, YOU NAME IT!
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Don't buy cheap makeup. It's not good for your skin. Even though you think you may be saving money, in the end you'll have to buy other products to save your skin, so do it right from the start!
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
I am most proud of the makeup I did for UCDavis. I worked in the standardized patient group that helped doctors with bedside manor, and I did makeup for one of their cases!
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I am not a licensed cosmetologist but I did go to school for theater makeup and design. The rest is just practiced and self-taught. Freelance.