Areas of service:Durham, Cary, Chapel Hill, Burlington, Apex, Graham, Roxboro, Mebane and Hillsborough
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact JH Carpentry
Carpentry and Remodeling Services
Request an estimate
JH Carpentry - Hillsborough, NC
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Bobby Hamilton may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About JH Carpentry
I offer carpentry and handyman services in the Durham, Hillsborough, Chapel Hill, and other nearby areas.
I offer good quality work with over 15 years of experience. I also service other areas; just ask. I guarantee all work performed. No job is too small.
The services I perform are listed below:
- Wood fencing
- Door and window repair and replacement
- Rotten wood repair
- Roof leak repair
- Gutter cleaning/gutter guards
- Handyman services
Questions and answers
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
Follow-up maintenance, cleanup, and any other work they need done.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
Are you insured? yes
Can you provide references? yes
Doyou know what you are doing? yes
Do you clean up when you are done? yes
Will you work with me on price? yes
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
I have done a bathroom remodel job about 4 months ago.I tore out a small single window and replaced it with a huge triple window.I also relocated the door and tore out a closet wall so the bathroom will be bigger.The job turned out real nice, and the customer was very happy.
- How did you get started?
I was working for a paint company doing carpentry work on houses before the painters were to paint. The carpenters I was working with did not take pride in their work. They did not care what it looked like as long as it got done and they got paid. We butted heads over that, and they fired me. So I want to do good work for people.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
To go with a chaeper brand of material.But it would not hold up for as long.I am a firm believer in you getting what you pay for.You can also go about the job a different way.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Are you insured?
Do you have any references?
What do you recommend?
What kind of material do you use?
Do you do the work yourself?
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Rotton wood repair
Roof leak repair
Gutter cleaning/Gutter guards
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
It is not as easy as it looks. Some people will do the job themselves to try to save money. But they don't know every detail and end up messing up, so it ends up costing them more in the long run.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
fixing someone elses screw up because they wwent with the cheapest price & the person they hired did not know what they were doing.
People trying to sell their house so they need to have certian things fixed before they can sell it.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
- How many projects do you average in a year?
24 to 30 depending on how big or small.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I have an eye for detail.I do work hard & go out of my way to make sure they are happy.
- What brands or products do you work with?
Pressure Treated Meritech
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
Hands on experience.You can take a class for 5 years,but you wont have the the experience like you would like hands on experience.