Jud the Painter
Areas of service:Nashville, Antioch, Hendersonville, Brentwood, Madison, Hermitage, Goodlettsville and Old Hickory
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Jud the Painter
Paint & Plaster Professional
Request an estimate
Jud the Painter - Nashville, TN
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Jud Painter may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Jud the Painter
My name is Jud. I offer home improvement with drywall, paint and plaster.
- Remove and smooth out popcorn ceilings
- Repair water damage
- Tape and compound new drywall
- Drywall patch and repaint
- Do decorative paint techniques
- Faux, rag and sponge
I have 20+ years of professional experience. I am located in Nashville but Iím willing to travel. Just contact me!
Questions and answers
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
How much wil it cost? How long will it take?
Each job is different. A small job can be a flat rate per day and I can do multiple areas in one day if the rooms are small or average.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
How long have I been doing this, what materials will I use, what approach to the repair or painting job will I take.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I am self taught. I have been doing this for over 20 years. I do study online and read books and magazines to keep updated on current techniques and porducts.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
What ever additional work they need. I only do paint and plaster, no other trades. If they are happy with my work, refer me to a friend or family member and I will be happy to help them with any projects they need done.
- What brands or products do you work with?
I use whatever the client wants, but prefer Porter or Benjamin Moore paints. I also will use Sherwin Williams
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Buy the materials yourself and i can charge a flat labor rate. I can consult on what materials to buy and how much to get.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
WAter damage repair, drywall repair, skim coat and texture removal. I also do paint and decorative paint techniques.
- How did you get started?
I worked for my uncle when I was 16 and got work when I was older when I lived in Los Angeles. I worked for sveral contractors before going out on my own.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Skim coat plaster, popcorn and texture removal and repair \, water damage and all phases of painting.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
arond 30 or 40. Most are small jobs but I do get large projects and have done many over the years.
I do a lot of patches and repair jobs but will take on large skim and drywall jobs
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Ask questions. See if they know how to get the job done. What materials do they use, who will be working on the job, years of experience, etc
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
I take pride in a good job done and use what materials I feel wil last longer and give the best look to the room or space being worked on.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
I scrapped and refinished a 9 room house and smoothed out the ceilings and left it looking great. It was all that "popcorn" tecture and I used plaster to create a smooth finish.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I grew up In NYC and worked In LA and Tennesse. I learned a lot about old and newer buildings and homes.