Areas of service:Minneapolis, Osseo, Hopkins, Anoka, Andover, Elk River, Champlin, Minnetonka and Saint Michael
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Vanderhoff Construction
Very Honest & Dependable
Request an estimate
Vanderhoff Construction - Saint Michael, MN
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Kevin Vanderhoff may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Vanderhoff Construction
Owner/Operator of Vanderhoff Construction Since 1997.
Services: Decks, Porches, Basements, Garages, Additions, Remodeling, Cabinets, Cedar Furniture, Trimming, Framing, Etc.
No job is too small.
I cover all the Twin Cities Metro.
Questions and answers
- What brands or products do you work with?
Decks I work with pretty much every type of composite, cedar, and treated decking and railings. window installs almost every type of window.
- How did you get started?
I started by working with another guy, and I was not happy how he wanted to cut corners to save some time. I didn't like how he did things, so I wanted to make sure homeowners got everything they wanted and that it was done correctly.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Framing, Trimming, Decks, Porches, Additions, Bathrooms, Kitchens, Windows, Doors, Garages, Built in cabinets, Hutches, Cedar Furniture, and much much more.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Every contractor out there builds everything to code. I build everything over and beyond code. The reason I do that is, if you build things to code, code is the minimum required. I don't build to the minimum.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
I do all types of jobs from big to small. So there are a lot of jobs that I do that might only take a day or two, so probably 100-300 jobs a year.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
To shop around on pricing. Make sure they do their homework on the job they are looking to have done.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
The most common jobs for me are decks and porches. Decks are something that not very many people will have done when they build a house.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
It was a deck and porch that I did that was all composite. I had a inspector come out to do the final inspection, and he wanted to take pictures of it to show the other inspectors.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Make sure you have a good idea of what you are looking to have done. also do some research on approximate cost of what your project might cost.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I am different than a lot of contractors, in the fact that I do most of the work myself to make sure everything is done correctly and on time.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
The most frequent question for me is, how long have you been in the trade? 17 years.
Another frequent question is, do you give free estimates? Yes
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
I make sure all of my customers are satisfied and everything look as good as possible. I make sure everything is done to the homeowners expectations.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
The first I think they should as for is get references. Also they need to call all of the references. They should also ask a lot of questions to make sure they are qualified enough.