Areas of service:Richmond, Alexandria, Norfolk, Chesapeake, Newport News, Henrico, Woodbridge, Hampton, Fairfax, Fredericksburg, Manassas, Falls Church, Portsmouth, Springfield, Charlottesville, Lynchburg, Midlothian, Upper Marlboro, Waldorf, Williamsburg, Suffolk, Centreville, Petersburg, Stafford, Mechanicsville, Annandale, Fort Washington, Burke, Glen Allen, Temple Hills, Yorktown, Chesterfield, Chester, Clinton, Waynesboro, Oxon Hill, Roanoke Rapids, Hopewell, Spotsylvania, Colonial Heights, Warrenton, Chantilly, Dumfries, Culpeper, Powhatan and Mechanicsville.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Silver Member
Contact Kitchens ETC
Quality Kitchen Remodeling
Request an estimate
Kitchens ETC - Richmond, VA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Carmela Wengraitis may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Kitchens ETC
Kitchens ETC can do the following for you:
• Interior Design: This may include space planning, lighting, construction drawings, etc.
• Interior Decoration: We can make your space easier on the eye through color selection, furniture selection, window treatments, etc.
• Project Management: You can sit back and relax while we coordinate with your tradesmen and other contractors on the jobsite.
• Product Procurement: You can order from us top quality merchandise from nationally known manufacturers.
• Cabinetry: We can provide the right cabinet for you. We have a lot of cabinet choice to present to you.
Questions and answers
- What brands or products do you work with?
We have a wide variety of factory made, high-quality cabinet and countertop selections to suit any style or budget. Our cabinet brands are Yorktowne, Jim Bishop, Medallion, CWP, New River, Aristokraft, Mio-Continent and Kitchen Kompact. We offer the fullest range of countertop choices to include concrete, granite, quartz, solid surface and laminate.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Kitchen Design, Bathroom Design, Interior Design, Cabinetry, Decorative Concrete Countertops, Residential Remodeling, Commercial Remodeling, Laundry Rooms, Media Centers, Outdoor Kitchens
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
We were thrilled to find out that one of our favorite projects had been selected for national publication in Woman's Day Kitchen & Bath. This mid-century modern kitchen in Grey Walls, Powhatan VA was featured in the October issue and also showcased some of our decorative concrete work in the raised bar of the entertainment island. This open-plan kitchen was 2 years in the making and to see it in print was a joy. The best part was getting a call from a new Richmond client who had seen our work in a magazine they bought while in Chicago!
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
We fully stand behind our work. Most of the products we sell come with a lifetime warranty. We warrant our labor for one year from the end of installation. We also offer a referral rewards program for our clients as a way to say thank you for your generous referrals!
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
How long have you been a designer? Do you have a degree in interior design? Are you NCIDQ certified? Has your work been published?
- How did you get started?
My father, who was a brilliant artist and painter, encouraged me in the arts and enrolled me in formal study at the age of 5. Later, I was fortunate to have been mentored by friends of the family who allowed me to spend time with them at their advertising agency in NYC, and taught me a great deal about design and photography. They later helped me procure and execute my first paying design job at the age of 16. I also had a great friend and mentor in my teacher and professional interior designer, John Riley, who took me under his wing and encouraged me to pursue interior design. With his help, I was able to develop a substantial portfolio which afforded me a full scholarship to FIT in NYC which I declined in order to attend Arcadia University in Philadelphia. Through this rigorous course of study I attained a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with a concentration in Interior Design, and extensive experience in graphic design and photography.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
We typically do around 30 projects a year. These will include anything from a large kitchen or master suite addition to helping a client re-organize their closets or selecting a new fabric to upholster a favorite chair. In addition to these are the 15 or so highly specialized decorative concrete projects we create each year which include countertops, furniture and fireplace surrounds.