Areas of service:Greenville
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Massage Island
Request an estimate
Massage Island - Greenville, SC
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Patricia McDonough may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Massage Island
Massage Island is here to help you! We customize each session to fit your specific needs and goals. I am trained and have studied a wide variety of modalities which allows me to mix things together and create a session just for you.
My client base ranges from relaxation and light energy work to pain management, structural massage, and sports therapy. My pressure ability goes from a soft touch to very deep!
I also incorporate movement and stretching. My goal as a therapist is to help my clients reach their health, wellness, and fitness goals and to relieve any pain they may have!
Contact me today for a relaxing massage session.
Questions and answers
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
Most clients that come in for pain management or injuries come in for a follow up. This is to make sure the issues were resolved and in most cases clients decide to come in for maintenance massages so that their injuries or pain doesn't pop back up. I also encourage my clients to call me if they have an issue. I can give some advice, recommend ice, heat and stretches!
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
I was trained in:
- Chair massage
- Deep connective tissue massage
- Deep muscle therapy
- Foot or sole massage
- Integrative manual therapy
- Joint mobilization
- Muscle energy technique
- Myofascial trigger point release
- Myoskeletal alignment technique
- Neuromuscular integration and structural alignment
- Neuromuscular therapy
- Prenatal/pregnancy massage
- Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation
- Scalp massage
- Sports massage
- Strain/counter strain
- Swedish massage
- Trigger (or myodysneuric) point therapy
- Auto/work/sports injuries
- Back and disc problems
- Digestion or intestine
- Emotional wellbeing
- Muscle aches, sprains and strains
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Pain management
- Spinal problems
- Sports medicine
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
The person should ask what modalities the therapist enjoys doing or which kind of massage therapies they do most often. Once this question is answered the client can decided if the therapist fits their needs and preferences. I don't think there is one person who wants to spend money or wast time getting a session that doesn't fit what they are looking for!