Areas of service:Philadelphia, Trenton, Wilmington, Camden, Norristown, Cherry Hill, Levittown, Vineland, Bensalem, Morrisville, Lansdale, Clementon, Sicklerville, Mount Laurel, Marlton, Southampton, Blackwood, Chester, Upper Darby, Warminster, Media, Mount Holly, Sewell, Havertown, Willingboro, Woodbury, Williamstown, Langhorne, Glenside, Drexel Hill, Wayne, Collegeville, Burlington, Ambler, Lansdowne, Voorhees, Marcus Hook, Newtown, Medford, Riverside, Feasterville Trevose, North Wales, Vincentown, Springfield, Clifton Heights, Merchantville, Malvern, Hammonton, Bristol, King Of Prussia, Mays Landing, Bryn Mawr, Darby, Browns Mills, Aston, Hatboro, Huntingdon Valley, Broomall, Glassboro and Magnolia.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Mastertech Environmental
Mold Remediation Experts
Request an estimate
Mastertech Environmental - Magnolia, NJ
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Thomas Duff may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Mastertech Environmental
Mastertech Environmental provides single-source clean-up and remediation services, including:
- Mold Removal
- Mold Inspection and Testing
- Hazmat Decontamination
- Trauma and Crime Scene Clean-up
- Hoarding and Distressed Property Clean-up
Many of our technicians are former firefighters and emergency service workers. They know firsthand the vulnerability that floods, fires, illness and death can leave behind. Striving to ease our clients’ burdens, Mastertech Environmental is fully committed to the safety and well-being of those we serve.
Our technicians are professionally trained with the most up-to-date equipment, and are nationally licensed, bonded and insured. In addition, our entire staff undergoes background checks and drug screenings.
You can be assured that the service you receive will be thorough, effective and discrete—because Mastertech is committed to doing the best job possible – the first time.
Exceeding industry standards and providing skilled expertise during crisis, company owner Tom Duff and his team respond to environmental concerns promptly and efficiently.
Above all, Mastertech believes in providing clients with compassionate, respectful service. Offering comfort and support to grieving family members, our team can assist with stressful tasks like filing insurance claims and formulating restoration plans.
Contact us today!
Questions and answers
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
We had a home in Ocean City, NJ with 5 large crawlspaces and 4 large (but tight) attics. Both home owners were elderly and sick from mold.
Once we proved that mold was aggravating their symptoms, we designed a work plan to make their home healthy again. The clean-up took more than a week with 15 men working under and over the house for 14 hours each day.
In the end, it was worth it. It has been almost a year since we finished and both homeowners report feeling 100% better. That makes me happy.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Attics, basements and crawlspaces are where we spend most days. These are areas where moisture and humidity builds up and water gets in through wall cracks.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Mold testing results
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
I wish they knew how much time and effort we spend training and practicing. This is not a job to learn "as you go." Mistakes in this industry equal health issues and property damage - so we train weekly.
I wish customers realized that not just anybody can handle mold clean-up. We spend hundreds of hours training every year to keep up with safety protocols and to remain as advanced as possible when it comes to safe and effective mold removal.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
I love when a customer has done their research. At least then they have an idea what we are talking about when we are there. Some things to ask when choosing a company:
- Are they licensed and / or certified to perform mold remediation?
- Are they properly insured (and no - basic general liability is NOT enough)?
- Are they practicing mold removal instead of simply "treating" the mold and encapsulating it?
- What are the company's guarantees?
- Always, always, always ask for references and contact those!
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
- IICRC Water restoration technicians
- IICRC Microbial Investigator
- Micro Certified Mold Inspector
- Micro Certified Mold Remediator
- Mold Inspection and Remediation certifications from the Professional Mold Institute
- Members of IAQA Indoor Air Quality Association
- NAMP National Association of Mold Professionals
- ABRA American Bio Recovery Association
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
With both arms covered in tattoos, my appearance may give the wrong first impression. I'm also a big guy, so that may not help either - but most would say I have an equally large heart. I'm an animal lover and volunteer in animal shelters every month.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
"How much does mold removal cost?"
Some of the things we consider when determining mold removal costs are:
- Size of the area that has been affected by mold or water damage
- Amount of building materials that need to be removed due to mold or water damage (if any)
- Cost to build back building materials that have to be removed
- Difficulty of access to the affected area (crawlspaces, attics and other confined spaces)
- Length of time it will take to complete the job
- Amount of machinery we need for the job (negative air machines, HEPA vacuums, airless sprayers, containment chambers, hydroxyl and / or ozone generators, dehumidifiers, air movers, anti microbial and fungicidal solutions, mold-proof coatings)
- Number of mold remediation technicians needed on the job site
Depending on the size of the mold removal project, cleaning up mold in your NJ or PA home or business can vary greatly. Please remember that we are not simply tidying up or cleaning everyday household dirt - we are removing mold - a biohazard that can cause severe health issues in many people and cause damage to your property. Missing a little dirt is no big deal. Missing a little mold contamination can have health and property damage implications.
There are a lot of companies that offer discounts on mold removal project that promise to beat any competitor’s price.
Some companies will even quote you over the phone without seeing the job. We are not those companies and do not use gimmicky promotions to draw customers. We are, however, a professional mold remediation company that will charge what it takes to safely and effectively remove your mold contamination.
In many cases, it is necessary to perform moisture mapping, thermal imaging and a visual inspection to determine the cost of your mold removal project. Sometimes, mold testing is necessary to determine if the air-born mold levels are elevated.
Every job is different and every job has different costs. We can usually provide general pricing while on-site. We will follow your verbal quote with a written scope of work with specific pricing if you like.
Mastertech does not provide phone quotes because seeing the problem is very important. Lots of variables can affect your mold removal costs.
One of the most commonly asked questions from homeowners: “Is this something that we can do?” Or “How can we remove the mold ourselves?”
You would think it would be counterproductive for us to tell people how to remove mold - but we do it all the time.
Our rule of thumb is if it’s an area 10 square feet or smaller, a homeowner can handle it - with the proper guidance of course. If we think mold removal can be safely and effectively performed by the property owner, we will offer guidance over the phone.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Prevention is always cheaper than reaction. If you can follow our suggestions regarding water and moisture management, your home will stay mold-free. If not, remediation may be costly.
In our industry - just like others - you get what you pay for. There are really no "discounted" mold remediations. They are designed to be done right the first time.
I try to let customers know that we are not simply cleaning dust or dirt. We are removing a biohazard that can cause health issues and damage property. If we leave some behind - it will continue cause problems for the home or property owner.
- What brands or products do you work with?
- ARS Mold Remediation Products
- Fiberlock Technologies
- Graco Airless Sprayers
- Flir Infrared Cameras
- Biotek Bio Sampling Pumps
- Hayes Microbial Consulting
- EMSL Laboratories
- DeWalt Power Tools
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
Since mold affects people's health, we always follow up a couple times per year to see how our clients are feeling. We offer whole-house dehumidifiers and provide maintenance plans.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
Our New Jersey office averages between 250-350 mold removal projects per year and tests approximately 1000 homes or businesses each year.
Our Philadelphia office averages 180-250 mold remediations and around 750 mold tests each year.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Mastertech Environmental specializes in safe and effective mold removal and restoration. We use human, pet and environmentally safe products that emit no harmful odors or gases.
Our employees are all certified mold inspectors and are certified thermal imaging technicians.
We also provide residents and business owners in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland with hoarding and crime scene clean-up.
We are certified through the IICRC, Micro, Professional Mold Institute and ABRA (American Bio-recovery Association.
- How did you get started?
Having grown up in a house with mold, I have first-hand experience with its health effects. Throughout my different careers, I've done fire inspections, arson investigations, home inspections and termite inspections.
Basically, I've almost always inspected something, and mold seemed to be the natural progression. Now it's all we do. Just mold investigations and removal.