Mesquite Valley Woodcrafts
Areas of service:Dallas, Fort Worth, Arlington, Irving, Mesquite, Waco, Killeen, Grand Prairie, Carrollton, Round Rock, Bryan, College Station, Temple, North Richland Hills, Euless, Weatherford, Bedford, Georgetown, Rowlett, Grapevine, Burleson, Cleburne, Granbury, Desoto, Palestine, Duncanville, Hurst, Coppell, Pflugerville, Cedar Park, Copperas Cove, Mansfield, Waxahachie, Cedar Hill, Corsicana, Haltom City, Belton, Keller, Red Oak, Lancaster, Leander, Terrell, Ennis, Azle, Stephenville, Gatesville, Athens and Southlake.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Mesquite Valley Woodcrafts
Custom Sawmilling and Woodwork
Request an estimate
Mesquite Valley Woodcrafts - Waco, TX
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Caleb Scarbrough may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Mesquite Valley Woodcrafts
Mesquite Valley Woodcrafts offers custom sawmilling service.
We give full wood shop services such as:
- Wide belt sanding, planing
- Bobcat/gravel/light brush work
- Native Texas Mesquite and pecan lumber for sale
We have been in operation since 2001.
We offer honest, friendly and reliable service.
M.V.W is run by Caleb Scarbrough. He grew up learning to work with wood as a serious hobby. That hobby has turned into a full-scale business.
We now offer a wide range of custom products to the public market -- from tables to home accent furniture.
Give us a call to discuss your dream piece or any other need you may have.
There is no job too large or small for us.
Questions and answers
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
- Custom Sawmilling
- Native Texas Mesquite and pecan hardwoods - retail sales
- Custom furniture design and construction
- Handcrafted household accessories
- Furniture finishing
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
For custom furniture:
- What types of wood do you work with?
- Are you able to do industrial grade finishes on your furniture?
- Do you use traditional hand tool methods or machine joinery?
- How long have you been in this line of work?
- Who have you done work for in the prior years?
- Have you ever taken on a project like this?
- How many projects do you average in a year?
- What types of jobs are the most common?
- Custom Sawmilling
- Custom Wood Lazy Susan Turntables
- Custom designed tables
- Custom shop services
- Furniture refinishing
- How did you get started?
Caleb, our owner, started woodworking at age 8.
He learned to use traditional hand tools. He was taught the art of furniture joinery and design by several masters of the trade.
His interest in music inclined him to learn the art of instrument making. He has built 3 acoustic guitars from scratch over the past few years.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
M.V.W. is committed to providing the best customer support possible with all it's work. Any work done by M.V.W. is backed up by our goal of keeping our customers satisfied 100% with the outcome of their order.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
We can work with you to stay within your budgets.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
We offer full shop-services to turn the trees we mill for you into a beautiful heirloom piece of furniture.
We also offer custom furniture finish work, and operate a fully equipped finish spray booth.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
The value of a piece made from Native Texas hardwoods such as Mesquite and Pecan.
A handcrafted piece of furniture will be passed on for generations.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
2 custom Lazy Susan Turntables made for the U.S. Navy Pentagon
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
- Are you open to the public?
Yes, but we prefer appointments to make sure someone is here to assist you.
- Do you do lumber drying as well?
We operate a small kiln that may have some for your wood. Please ask for details.