Mike's Key Shop
Areas of service:Norwich
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Mike's Key Shop
Request an estimate
Mike's Key Shop - Norwich, CT
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Michael Harrington may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Mike's Key Shop
Hi, I am Michael Harrington of Mike's Key Shop. I operate a mobile locksmith service. With 30 years of being in business – we are a fully insured and bonded company.
I am a Connecticut licensed company that offers 24-hour emergency service. We offer key duplication, locks installation, rekeying auto lockouts, safe servicing, safe openings, panic devices and much more! We service all of Newlondon county.
Questions and answers
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
I guarantee all my work and any merchandise I sell too.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
Do you make keys? Why of course. Can you install locks? Yes. Most qiestions are basic and include basic answers.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Common jobs are auto lockouts, dulicating keys, installing locks.
- How did you get started?
I collected locks and keys as a kid. When I was 16 years old it was suggested to me that I might want to pursue a career in locksmithing. I proceeded to take a correspondence course in professional locksmithing and keymaking. I've enjoyed the trade ever since.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
My specialty is safe+vault openings & repair. We also specialze in auto lockouts too.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
I would recommend asking about licensing requirements and certification too. How long have you been in businesses, do you have any references? Are you associated with any trade organizations?
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
To make sure the locksmith is licensed and has enough experience and knowledge for thejob you need performed. Has the locksmith been established for any length of time? Try to know what you need before contacting your locksmith.If you are not sure then he/she should be able to figure it out with you.If not they are not the one for you.
- What brands or products do you work with?
I recommended and sell products by US Lock,Schlage,Master, Ilco,Kwikset,and more.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I'm a member of the National Locksmith Association. A registered locksmith by the State of Connecticut: Dept. of Consumer Protection. I'm also a member of the Lock Museum of America.