Mike's Tutoring Service
Yuba City, CA
Areas of service:Yuba City
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Mike's Tutoring Service
Request an estimate
Mike's Tutoring Service - Yuba City, CA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Michael O'Brien may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Mike's Tutoring Service
Hi, I'm Mike, an elementary school teacher that has a master's degree in mathematics. I specialize in tutoring individuals K-8, Pre-Algebra, Algebra, and Geometry.
I have been a teacher for the past 10 years. I have taught all grade levels K-8. Contact me today.
Questions and answers
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
The biggest joys that I get out of teaching, are when my students learn difficult concepts after struggling with it for many days.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I have an Associates Degree from Yuba College.
I have a Bachelors Degree from Chico State University.
I earned my teaching credential through Fresno State University.
I have a Master's Degree in Elememtary Mathematics.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
As their tutor, they can always reach me by phone or email if they are needing help on problems or concepts.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
What is your experience as a tutor?
What types of age groups have you taught?
How often should you meet with my child?
- How did you get started?
After being in the sales field for 3 years after college, I decided to get into teaching. I started substitute teaching on my off days, and fell in love with it.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
Not only, am I a full time elementary school teacher, but I provide private tutoring services, and also teach students who are on home school.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
I specialize in providing tutoring services to students in Kindergarten thru High School. I also help in the subjects of Pre-Algebra, Algebra and Geometry.
I consider myself to be good at using multiple methods to teach the concepts.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
I enjoy teaching very much. One thing that many people do not realize is the standards, or expectations that every child in the State of California is expected to learn during that grade level. Students in this state are learning skills at a much earlier age, than when I was a student. Gone are the days where Kindergartners glue things, do Art, and take naps. By the end of their Kindergarten year, most of these students are into reading.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Customers can save money, if they have more than one child tutored with me. I offer discounts to tutoring multiple students at the same time. I also give a price break to families with more than one student being tutored.