Areas of service:Reno, Citrus Heights, Roseville, Sparks, Carson City, Folsom, Rancho Cordova, Auburn, Grass Valley, Fair Oaks, Rocklin, Placerville, South Lake Tahoe, Orangevale, Sonora, Shingle Springs, Fallon, El Dorado Hills, Granite Bay and Gardnerville.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Modern Designs
Residential Design and Consulting Service
Request an estimate
Modern Designs - Gardnerville, NV
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Brian Hendrix may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Modern Designs
Modern Designs offers residential design and consulting service as well as simple drafting services to the California, Nevada and Southern Oregon region.
We have been in business since 2005 as a Nevada licensed Residential Design firm.
Our services include:
- Custom home design
- Multi-family homes
- Accessory buildings
- Commercial collaborations
- Structural drafting
- Color renderings
- And more
Contact us for more information.
Questions and answers
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I am very family oriented which allows me to focus on a clients family needs a little more in depth to ensure they have the proper space needed to keep a family happy and healthy.
- What brands or products do you work with?
We work with many brands of products. Product types are usually chosen based on client taste and client budget.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
Many customers often have smaller projects such as garages or decks, we are happy to assist with these projects with the same dedication and professionalism the client received on their previous projects.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
What kind of experience does the designer have, does he have a license?
Does he have any construction experience?
Does he have experience in the area you wish to build?
- How many projects do you average in a year?
Under the current economy we are doing approximately 15 to 20 projects a year which allows us to maintain a personal and direct relationship with each project, not allowing it to get lost in the shuffle.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I am a Nevada licensed Residential Designer, NV lic.# 210-P. I am also working on my LEED certifications as well as NCBDC and AIBD certifications / affiliations.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
Design and product recommendations. Always provide the client with multiple answers or options with clear explanations of each, allow them to make an informed decision so as not to take anything away from them. All decisions should be made in collaboration with the client.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
We specialize in custom homes and multi-fmaily homes. We have years of experience with high end custom homes in master planned gated communities all over Northern Nevada and Lake Tahoe.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
A Residential Designer is just as qualified to draw a house as an architect, don't be too quick to judge just because you have never heard of it.
- How did you get started?
My father is a General Contractor and thus I have been in construction my whole life. I spent many years working in the field in various parts of construction.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
What it is that you want, have a good idea of what your looking for and you will get the best results when looking.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Affordable housing, there are many areas in need of affordable housing and with the reduced cost of construction many builders are now finding it possible to be profitable with smaller homes.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
We designed, for free, a custom home to be built for a wounded warrior. I am always more than happy to give what I can to those who gave for me.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Be realistic about what you want, smaller homes can be designed with the same comfortable and cozy feeling as large ones. Pay careful attention to your contractors and sub contractors, do your research on them before making a decision.