Areas of service:Atlanta, Marietta, Decatur, Stone Mountain, Norcross, Roswell, Douglasville, Acworth, Woodstock, Smyrna, Kennesaw, Powder Springs, Austell, Tucker, Mableton and Clarkston.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Northern Inspections
Residential and Commercial Property Inspections
Request an estimate
Northern Inspections - Smyrna, GA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Kevin Barnaba may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Northern Inspections
Northern Inspections is a sole proprietorship. When you call for an inspector, you get the owner, not an employee, a newbie, or a laid-off carpenter waiting out the housing slowdown.
I have personally inspected over 3,000 properties since 1996. I perform inspections on homes and commercial buildings. I will do full or limited inspections.
I will inspect property all over the metro Atlanta area and out of the area fairly far. Beyond a certain radius, I add a small fee for gas/mileage.
Questions and answers
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Buyers of homes that plan to live in the home being inspected. Investors are the 2nd most common.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
I inspected a commercial building that had high utility bills and show the client how to lower his electric bill by 15% for rest of his time in that site.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
We do not warrant items to last for periods of time. That is what Home Warranties are for.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
About 300 per year of all types. In the days before the real estate collapse it was closer to 400. I never schedule more than 2 in a day unlike some inspectors who schedule 3 or 4.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
An idea of pricing for the service. The lowest price is never the best inspector and the highest price is a never worth it.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
I am a general property inspector. I inspect Homes and commercial buildings. Commercial can be very different from residential. I have been doing residential inspections for 16 years and commercial for 14 years.
- How did you get started?
I started when a co-worker who knew I was very mechanically inclined asked me to look at home he was buying. Prior to that I did not the filed existed, since I myself would have the need for an inspector.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I have performed work in every trade basically and had it inspected by city inspectors on homes I personally renovated and "flipped".
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
There is no 2 or 3 that stand out. Customers ask hundreds of questions of home inspectors.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I am code certified. This means I know the building codes and know how to read and interpret them.
- What brands or products do you work with?
N/A to this field.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Most important is how long have they been doing inspections and how many have they performed personally.
I have performed over 3500 inspections since 1996.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
I offer free lifetime consultation for as long as they own the property. Clients can call me about maintenance issues or general repair questions.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?