Old Brooklyn Painting & Decorating
Areas of service:Cleveland, Lakewood, Euclid, Strongsville, Brunswick, Eastlake, Beachwood, Willoughby, North Olmsted, Westlake, Bedford, Chagrin Falls, North Royalton, Maple Heights, Hudson, Solon, North Ridgeville, Brook Park, Rocky River and Independence.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Old Brooklyn Painting & Decorating
Painting and Decorating Contractor
Request an estimate
Old Brooklyn Painting & Decorating - Cleveland, OH
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Paul Bresler may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Old Brooklyn Painting & Decorating
Old Brooklyn Painting & Decorating is a full painting and decorating contractor.
We specialize in:
- Interior and exterior painting
- Cabinet refinishing
- Faux applications
- Aluminum siding refinishing
- Wall skim
- Fine0finish spraying
- Drywall installation and repair
Questions and answers
- How many projects do you average in a year?
We only take on 1 major project a month, but we also do several small to intermediate projects per month. Like I was told by my mom, "don't bite off more than you can chew!"
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
When I entered the trades, in 1986, I was attending ASU which helped me pay for it completely. When I came back to Cleveland, I got hired by Tri county Painting from 1989 to November of 2000. I was offered a position at Lakewood Hospital as the Senior painter and worked there from 2001 to 2006. I opened up Old Brooklyn Painting and Decorating in fall of 2006
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Do it right the first time, so you don't get frustrated later with shotty work by hiring inexpensive or inexperienced contractors
"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true"
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Your basic project plan ( What do you want to see happen from this project ) Colors, textures and paint sheen
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
How much dust?
We use a plastic barrier and a filtration system with a HEPA filter installed shop vacuum.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Experience is the key to our trade.. Painting, drywall etc..
The more the tradesmen performs his/her job to the best of their ability, the more meticulous they become at their trade.
"Practice makes progress, not perfection"
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
If any touch-up is needed, there is a 1-year warranty with every completed project. No questions asked!
- How did you get started?
I started in this trade about 25 years ago when I was working on my Associate's Degree at Arizona State University. When I received my diploma, I continued working in this field.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
High end interiors, with color & texture consultation. Cabinet refinishing.
Aluminum siding refinishing
wall / ceiling resurfacing (Skim coat)
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
If you look at the pics that I uploaded The best one would be the kitchen in Gates Mills, OH. This was remodeled to mirror a kitchen in Beverly Hills.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
OBPD is certified in mold remediation, RRP is Abatement trained and certified. When we are performing projects that require certain protocol, we follow it to the line.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Are you insured?
Do carry workers' compensation insurance?
Do you have references?
Are you mold/lead certified?
What's your experience on my project?
Are you a legitimate registered business through the state of Ohio?
- What brands or products do you work with?
We only use the best, Benjamin Moore, Sherwin Williams. These manufactures are proven the best throughout time.