Custom Stone Construction
Areas of service:Saint Louis, Saint Charles, Florissant, Ballwin, Belleville, Saint Peters, East Saint Louis, Chesterfield, Granite City, Fenton, Arnold, Collinsville, O Fallon, Festus, Maryland Heights and De Soto.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Custom Stone Construction
Construction and Landscaping
Request an estimate
Custom Stone Construction - Saint Louis, MO
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Matt Owens may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Custom Stone Construction
At CSC (Custom Stone Construction), we offer a wide range of construction services.
We specialize in the following:
- Retaining walls
- Retaining wall repair
- Patio and Driveway pavers
- Outdoor kitchens and Fireplaces
- Equipment work (skidload and mini excavator)
- Lawn mowing
- Lawn maintenance
We are locally owned and operated, and we have 10 years of commercial experience!
We are a contractor who strives for success and quality!
Contact us for more details of our services.
Questions and answers
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
My profession and trade takes a lot of experience and skill to get the job done right the first time.
Over my 10 years of commercial experience, I have seen many jobs be re-done and many mistakes made. I am a firm believer of learning from your mistakes.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
The most common jobs are:
- Retaining walls
- Sodding of a yard
- Rock grading
- Skidloader work
- Lawn mowing
- How many projects do you average in a year?
On average, we will complete around 25-35 jobs per year, depending on the weather and the economy.
- How did you get started?
I got started at the age of 18 as I was following in my great grandfather and grandfathers' footsteps.
I have worked as a heavy equipment operator in the commercial industry for almost 10 years. I have also been building retaining walls and doing lawn mowing and maintenance for 5 years.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I am certified in Hazmat, Radiation certified, fork lift certified, OSHA certified and MSHA certified.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
I installed a 140-foot long and 5-foot high retaining wall a few months back and also completed a large sod job.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
How long will the project take?
Depends on the job.
Do I get a warranty?
If the material or product is backed by the supplier then, yes. But no warranty on labor.
Is this the cheapest that you can offer?
We give the best price available.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
Customers may not know that I am a 3rd generation construction/operating engineer and most of my family is in the residental or commercial construction field.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
We specialize in:
- Retaining walls
- Yard and lot grading
- Dirt and rock grading
- Fence and sidewalk removal
- Small construction demo
- Mulch and mulch bed design
- Residential snow removal
- Lawn mowing and lawn maintenance
- What brands or products do you work with?
We only work with the best products available. We use too many different products to list.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
The customer should know how experienced the contractor is with the job he is doing. He must be able to provide evidence for his work.
Also, the customer should beware of the contractor knowing the current going rates for the type of job in a certain area.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
After the work is finished, we will provide the customer with any warranty work if the product or job comes with a warranty.
If the job or product is not warranted, then we will assist the customer with making the situation right.
We strive for success the first time to avoid customers having post-job problems.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
I would recommend them to downsize on the job they are wanting to have done or choose a product that is less expensive. Product cost is over half of the job cost in most situations.
Also, do not take the first bid that you receive. Contact at least 3 contractors and always compare the bids. Do not always take the cheapest because the quality of the work might not be as great!
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
I recommend that you have an exact idea and plan for the project that you want completed. Be sure that you will have the funds available before contacting a contractor.