Price Right Computer Repair
Areas of service:Durham, Chapel Hill and Hillsborough
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Price Right Computer Repair
Inexpensive Computer Repairs
Request an estimate
Price Right Computer Repair - Durham, NC
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Julius Price may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Price Right Computer Repair
We provide mobile, on-site or in office computer repair services, including PCs and laptops. We upgrade or fix personal computers including desktops, laptops, notebooks and netbooks. We also do troubleshooting.
We specialize in computer problems such as:
- Virus, spyware and adware removal
- Restore slow computer to previous speed
- Remove forgotten passwords
- Memory upgrades
- PC repair
- Laptop repair
- Test hard drive for data integrity and replace if necessary
- Computer repairs (hardware), such as hard drives, processors, motherboards, video and sound cards, power supplies, and memory
- Software configuration, installation and upgrades (everything from antivirus to operating systems)
- Installing and upgrading networking equipment (routers, modems, switches, hubs, and internal PC networking hardware)
- Data backups
- Data restoration (recovering your files from a bad hard drive)
- Wireless network troubleshooting, repair, security and installation
- Install data backup and battery backup
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems such as "blue screen" or freeze-ups
- Haul away and recycle old computer
- On-site computer training
- Data backup/Recovery
- Laptop repair including AC/DC jacks
- Can't get on the internet
- VOIP set up and troubleshooting
- Internet access set up
- Internet security
- Printer installation
- $25 diagnostics
Contact us for a quote today!
Questions and answers
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
We usually try to reach out to a customer as soon as possible, so the best thing you can do to get ready is have a firm idea of both what the problem is and what you are trying to spend. This reduces time being wasted on both sides of the fence.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
Honestly, too many to list. The great part is we multi-task pretty well. We usually average about two to three a week as a minimum.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
At this time, the majority of the business we get are usually service plans setups. A lot of business and households love the idea of having an IT guy in their pocket at all times. While we are not open 24/7, we do take calls from those premium customers and will help troubleshoot them almost anytime.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I think the big thing customers may not know about me in particular as the owner is I love it when I hit a snag. I know that sounds weird, but half of the job for me is figuring out how I can fix something that is not fixable to most professionals and is something I excel at. You would be surprised how many people are trained to do this type of work and as professionals we are told that somethings aren't fixable, but really they are. Leaky capacitors on a motherboard are a great example of that.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
1) Are you certified? Yes
2) What is your warranty? Depends on what is repaired. Inquire for more!
3) How long will this take? Depends on the problem. This is always a per case basis.
4) How many times have you seen my problem? I have seen every type of problem with a computer you can imagine! I use to work for Geek Squad for 5 years prior to starting Price Right, and have seen it all!
5) Can you guarantee that you can fix my problem? 9 times out of 10, yes.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
A lot of IT professionals claim they can fix your "virus problems", and only offer to restore the operating system back to its factory state. They loose all the data, and then say its fixed and want to be paid. Keeping the data is what is important. Whether its files for work, memories captured in a picture, or just some silly joke you wanted to keep, you should be able to keep them regardless. This type of repair is what experience can bring to the table.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
That varies on the type of work finished. We offer warranties for almost all things with the exception of virus and spyware removal. We also offer complementary antivirus and on certain occasions free diagnostics. We offer remote support and for business services, we offer those for continuing coverage and for residential customers with service plans. They can call anytime, 24/7 and we will remote in and look at their problems and issues.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
Price Right is a Biltmore Who's Who Honorary Lifetime Member. We are also CompTIA certified, and we bost excellent credentials on thumbtack.com as well. Finally, we also have college educations for Computer Information Systems and Business. Multiple degrees, multiple certifications, and great customer service has led to many happy customers coming from Price Right.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Are you certified?
What is your warranty?
Are you "Who's Who" listed?
How many times have you seen my problem?
Do you have any degrees?
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
We specialize in all areas listed in our add. We are familiar with a lot of other things, but don't list them because we are not "expert" status yet, like with flashing phones.
Our certifications alone speak volumes and we have over five years experience helping out the triangle area with all types of computer repair. We are experts at it all, so there is no way to just say we specialize in one area.
- What brands or products do you work with?
We work with who is the best at the time. For example, we use to promote Webroot Antivirus in 2011. They let their product slip a little bit, so we changed over to Kaspersky Antivirus because it started being a better product for 2012. You can count on us to stay up to date and current, so you can, too!
- How did you get started?
Julius Price started fixing computers when he was 12 years old. Originally it was just for neighbors and his popularity grew because he offered both value and customer service, which is still in our values today. He started Price Right out of the basement of his home and now is one of the best rated computer repair businesses in the area.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
Within the last year, we are most proud of the "Let's Talk Real Life" Christian men's radio show that we help to support. We help Elder Elliott Hoskins with the broadcasting and maintenance of his site. We set him up with webcams which allow him to show himself and special guests and edit the video while recording like on ustream.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
I would recommend to a customer that is looking to save money to make sure that they do diligent research. What we offer is both great value, great prices and great service. Sometimes we can short ourselves paying somebody to do a job and they slight the work. With our certifications, degrees and our reputation for getting the job done in the area, Price Right is a sure fire choice to come out with what you want done at a good value, and leave as a happy customer.
August 22, 2012
Julius was great.
He was honest , reliable and did a great job at a very reasonable price.- Jones