Raleigh Engine Repair, LLC
Areas of service:Raleigh
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Raleigh Engine Repair, LLC
Motorcycle and All Terrain Vehicle Repair Specialists
Request an estimate
Raleigh Engine Repair, LLC - Raleigh, NC
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that William Vaughan may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Raleigh Engine Repair, LLC
Raleigh Engine Repair, LLC specializes in small engine repair services. We also offer repair and service on lawn equipment, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, and all other small engine powered machinery. Our technicians are factory trained and have vast experience in the industry.
We also offer pickup and delivery, as well as on-site repairs on some equipment.
Questions and answers
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Fuel delivery/carburetor issues are the most common with walk behind mowers. Other issues which are common are low or dead battery issues and no spark issues.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
We specialize in fast, affordable small engine repair and service. We are a 2-Stroke specialist and are skilled in the repair and diagnosis of a very wide variety or engines.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
We offer free repair on work completed by us for the remainder of the season on lawn equipment, and offer discounts on returning loyal customers.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
We have Engineering backgrounds as well as years in the fabrication industry. This means that we not only are able to perform repairs more easily, but we are able to educate the customer on items which the average mechanic may not be aware of. This means better service and more knowledge for the customer.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
B.S. in Engineering, EETC Certified, Kohler Certified, and Yamaha Certified technicians. We are currently aiming for Stihl and Husqvarna factory training.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Knowledge of the different schools and training available to mechanics so that the customer will be familiar with skills needed to correctly perform repairs on their machines.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
We are somewhat a seasonal business, so we probably average about 150 - 200 jobs per year. Hopefully this will expand in the future!
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
How to prevent the issues which caused failure in my machine is the most common question received from customers. Answers are found with us; just ask!
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
I wish that customers would realize that sometimes, especially on older machines, that the only way to repair them is to fabricate items to make newer versions of parts work. This means that in order to correctly repair items sometimes the labor rate will be higher, but if they wish to keep their older machines it is sometimes needed. Also, purchase upper end quality machines so that the minor problems associated with cheaper items will be nonexistent.
- How did you get started?
We got started out of noticing a need for fast and affordable repair on small engines in our area. By making this service fast and affordable, customers can get back to work and save money at the same time.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Shop around for a fair mechanic to perform your labor, and be sure to educate themselves in minor small engine operation.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
We took in a Yamaha VX 1100 V Star which the dealership refused warranty work on, and was going to charge the customer over $800 for repairs. We ordered the part and repaired it for $500 with no issues. Talk about a happy customer!
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
A customer should ascertain the mechanic's skills by asking questions such as "How long have you been doing this", "Could you explain to me in detail exactly what needs to be done", and "can you offer me any advice on preventing future problems". A good mechanic will not hiccup when confronted by questions because he/she will be skilled and confident in their abilities.
- What brands or products do you work with?
ALL major brands of small engines and small engine powered products. We are Kohler and Yamaha Certified, as well as EETC certified technicians.