RD Herbert & Sons Co.
Areas of service:Nashville, Franklin, Antioch, Hendersonville, Lebanon, Brentwood, Madison, Smyrna, Gallatin, Mount Juliet, Hermitage, Goodlettsville, Springfield and Old Hickory.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact RD Herbert & Sons Co.
Roofing and Sheet Metal Experts
Request an estimate
RD Herbert & Sons Co. - Nashville, TN
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Jen Kendall may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About RD Herbert & Sons Co.
RD Herbert & Sons has been in business since 1946 and is licensed and insured. We participate in TN Drug Free Work Force.
We offer complete roofing and sheet metal installation, fabrication, and consultation. A selection of the roof systems include:
- Built-up roof
- Single-ply and metal
We are an authorized applicator for many of the major manufacturers. This means that we perform the work to their standards and thereby can provide our clients with a manufacturer’s warranty.
Questions and answers
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Our Company specializes in complex roofing and sheet metal including shingles, shakes, slate, tile and metal roofs. We fabricate our own flashing metal. Our custom sheet metal shop fabricates and installs kitchen hoods, counter tops, sinks, metal cabinets, furniture and commercial kitchen items. These can be made from a variety of metals including stainless steel, copper, black iron, steel, aluminum or brass.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Are you licensed and insured?
How long have you been in business?
Are you local?
Do you participate in TN Drug Free Work Force?
Are you an authorized applicator for the manufacture I want to use?
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
When we complete a project, we provide the customer with the agreed-upon warranties. We offer a complete roof maintenance and leak repair department. This includes emergency leak repairs, gutter cleaning, and roof coatings.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Taking the lowest number usually means that someone has cut corners. Doing this means that either the materials are second quality, or the workmanship is not up to the standards of NRCA or SMANCA. These two associations are the benchmark by which we gauge our work.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Before contacting a roofing contractor, know the approximate age and type of your roof, how many layers of roofing are existing, and when you are ready to proceed. If you are contacting us after a recent storm, make sure that your insurance company knows that you've had damage.
- What brands or products do you work with?
We are an authorized applicator with most of the major roofing manufacturers including:
- Johns Mansville
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
We hire workers verified by E-verify and don't subcontract our projects. This means that we know our workers' skills and have trained them to our standards.