RetroFoam of the Carolinas
Areas of service:Greenville, Spartanburg, Asheville, Johnson City, Greer, Hendersonville, Morganton, Easley, Shelby, Simpsonville, Greeneville, Sevierville, Taylors, Marion, Seneca, Waynesville, Inman, Franklin, Jonesborough, Candler, Newport, Piedmont, Forest City and Arden.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact RetroFoam of the Carolinas
Foam Insulation for NC & SC
Request an estimate
RetroFoam of the Carolinas - Arden, NC
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Rob Blake may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About RetroFoam of the Carolinas
Our company installs open and closed cell spray foam insulation and injected foam insulation. We service both the residential and commercial markets in both new construction and retrofit applications.
Our uniqueness is truly our exceptional quality and service. We stand squarely behind them both!
Questions and answers
- How did you get started?
I worked for 18 years for Owens Corning and Guardian Industries who are both fiberglass insulation manufacturers. Then I got my General Contractors License and started building Custom Homes. As the home building activity in Western North Carolina slowed dramatically I started our All Foam Insulation Of The Carolinas, Inc. business. Knowing the short comings of Fiberglass Insulation and the tremendous strengths of Foam insulations I devoted myself to learning everything that I could about foam insulation for new and existing buildings.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Existing Homes: Spray Foam in Attic and crawl spaces. Injecting Tripolymer foam into existing exterior walls.
New Homes: Spray Foam into Attics, walls, and floors
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
We greatly care about doing a Professional installation on every job that we do. That our Installers care and work hard to learn about their trade.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
Why is Foam Insulation so much better than Fiberglass insulation?
Answer: Foam Insulations stops the flow of air, fiberglass does not. By stopping the Air flow thru a wall, ceiling or floor a building retains the "conditioned" air MUCH longer. Therefore, $$$$$ savings and less wear and tear on your HVAC equipment resulting in the equipment's longer life.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
It is helpful to be clear with the contractor about what you are expecting to accomplish by having your home or building Foam Insulated. what are the Symptoms? Where is the discomfort, What are your energy bills averaging.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
That understanding the Thermal Envelope of a home or building and how moisture, wind, cold, heat are the energy and comfort robbers ( $$$$ wasted ). That many, if not most insulation installers have little or no understanding of the dynamics of a structure's energy integrity. And that Fiberglass is problematic in so many ways.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Foam Insulation for new and existing homes. Foam Insulation for new commercial and existing commercial. Infra-red Insulation Audits. Crawl Space encapsulations.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
We offer a Life Time Transferable Warranty for our Injection Foam and a 5 year warranty for our Spray Polyurethane Foam Insulation
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
1) Are you Insured with Workers Comp. and General Liability insurances?
2) Are your spray technicians certified by the Foam Manufacturer and the SPFA?
3) May I have three References?
4) How long has your company been installing foam insulation?
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
There are many. We have done many large and notable commercial buildings and some outrageous, sprawling custom homes, but, I can honestly say that it is the smaller homes that we insulate for the older couple on fixed incomes that really appreciate the savings in energy expenditures and the gains in comfort that they realize from our efforts.
- What brands or products do you work with?
Tripolymer Injection Foam for existing structures. Tripolymer is pre-mixed not a "Powder Urea Formaldehyde protect that our competitors use.
NCFI Polyurethane open and closed cell spray foams
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Have us visit you home to evaluate your specific insulation situation. We will discuss our findings with you and provide you with an Estimate for the Services we find that you need.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
North Carolina General Contractors License
Asheville Home Builders Assoc
Notional Home Builders Assoc.
Various Polyurethane Manfacturer's Installer Certifications ( NCFI, Quadrant, SES )
Better Business Bureau