Areas of service:Boston, Providence, Worcester, Manchester, Lowell, Cambridge, Brockton, New Bedford, Fall River, Lynn, Quincy, Nashua, Warwick, Somerville, Pawtucket, Lawrence, Cranston, Framingham, Waltham, Haverhill, Malden, Medford, Brookline, Plymouth, Taunton, Peabody, Revere, Brighton, Methuen, Woonsocket, Arlington, Attleboro, Leominster, Salem, Beverly, Fitchburg, Everett, Woburn, Jamaica Plain, Marlborough, Chelsea, Derry, Braintree, Watertown, Roslindale, Rochester, Natick, Cumberland, Shrewsbury, Coventry, Andover, Randolph, Lexington, Gloucester, West Warwick, Franklin, Billerica, Norwood, Dracut, Dover, Tewksbury, Hyde Park, Johnston, Salem, Mattapan, North Andover, Stoughton, Melrose, Milford, Newport, Saugus, Milton, Chelmsford, Danvers, Bridgewater, Merrimack, Marshfield, Wakefield, North Attleboro, Belmont, West Roxbury, Reading, North Kingstown, Dedham, Londonderry, Hudson, Burlington, East Providence, Bristol, Mansfield, Stoneham, Portsmouth, Allston, Wilmington, Gardner, Winchester, Westford, Canton and Marblehead.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Nu-look Refinishing
Bathtub Refinishing Experts
Request an estimate
Nu-look Refinishing - Boston, MA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Rich or Sammy may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Nu-look Refinishing
Hello, we are Nu-look Refinishing. What we offer is a more economical substitute to remodeling. We can refinish or repair your fiberglass shower, bathtub, countertop, or tub unit in one day.
Most damaged surfaces can be repaired on-site. We are located in Worcester, Massachusetts, and our business was established in 1992. All of the work we perform are warrantied for up to ten years. Contact us today!
Questions and answers
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Don't do it yourself. It won't pay off in the long run, honestly. The worst part of my job is having to charge someone the additional fee of $125 to remove the stiff they bought at a box store and sprayed on. It doesn't work completely and causes a problem almost immediately. Also, really look into tub liners before you decide to put one in. Do your homework.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
How much time, money and talent goes into learning how to "paint" a tub, as well as the vans full of tools that are required to do this task safely and effectively.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
About 500. It depends on how tightly we book them. We do kitchen remodels and bathrooms (plumbing background) as well as refinishing. But primarily, we stick with mostly refinishing.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Ask if they are licensed and insured. Also, ask for references and take the time to check them. Don't rely on paid lists or groups they may belong to because, bear in mind, they pay them to be listed.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
- Trained and certified by Topkote and Refinishers Warehouse
- Safeway Safety Step Independent Installer
- BRAOA (Bathtub Refinishers Association Of America)
- Licensed in Massachusetts
- IBRA (International Refinishers Assoc. of America)
- Angie's list
- Full insurance binder for one million
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Bathtubs and fiberglass repair, with elderly/handicap modifications a close second.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
I did a complete remodel for one of the New England Patriots. But I'm equally as proud of the the tub I did this morning for a landlord in Worcester, MA. I'm proud of them all.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Has it been previously refinished? Are there pets in the house? Are there children in the house? And how soon do you need to be able to use it again?
- What brands or products do you work with?
- Safeway steps/doors
- NU Llife
- Grohe, and many more
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
We are highly specialized in the repair and/or refinishing of porcelain/acrylic fiberglass and much more. We are also a safeway step and tub door installer. We are also experts at installing custom fiberglass inlay panels that completely fix weak/soft bottoms of fiberglass tub/shower units. The inlays fix leaks and add strength to existing units and come with a lifetime warranty.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
Anything that may be needed as far as follow up, clean up, or additional work. We try to keep in touch with most customers and it's usually pretty easy as most of our business is repeat work.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I'm single and have no kids.
- How did you get started?
I was in the plumbing trade at a young age, and one day a tub we were installing got damaged and the contractor called some refinishing company. Being young I thought to myself, spraying a tub--that's ridiculous and it won't work! Well, lo and behold! Years later I returned to that site and the tub was still like new. I bought the tools, got some training, and 20 years later, here we are.