Excel Awning & Shade
Areas of service:Houston, Pasadena, Sugar Land, Baytown, Humble, Missouri City, Pearland, Kingwood, Alvin, League City, Texas City, Friendswood, La Porte, Deer Park, Stafford, Channelview, Dickinson and Crosby.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Excel Awning & Shade
High quality retractable awnimgs
Request an estimate
Excel Awning & Shade - Pasadena, TX
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Ron Eberhart may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Excel Awning & Shade
Excel Awning & Shade provides retractable awnings which are weather-proofed fabric attached to the walls or roof of any property. This can be loaded using a remote control to provide shade to your outdoor property.
Having an awning installed may extend your outdoor room without needing the approval of a building inspector. It can also serve as protection from damage caused by the weather.
Questions and answers
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Sales and service of high quality retractable awnings. Our installers are highly qualified and have years of experience.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
Greater Houston BBB Award of Excellence for 2010,2011 & 2012 Certified Expert Somfy motor programming.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
The most important thing a potential customer needs to know about me and our company, is that we have a very high sense of always doing the right thing. The customer is our number one priority.
- How did you get started?
We started out over 6 years ago,getting involved in the retractable awning industry has been a wonderful experience.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
One of the most asked quesstions by our customers is how long will the retractable awning last? The answer is that properly maintained retractable awnings can last for many years if properly maintained. Our experience is that a lot of customers just don't take the time even though it takes less than an hour to take care of it. Our standard warranties are 10,12, and 15 year depending on the unit purchased.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
Obviosly, the number of projects per year varies from year to year, but generally speaking we do in the hundreds.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
The way for our potential customers to save money is number one, invest in high quality, knowing the awnings will last. And investing in a quality awning can result in energy savings.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
What we offer for the first year is free service if for some reason it is needed. After the first year it is covered by the warranty, which depending on the unit can be 10 to 15 years.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
The one thing I would like potential customers to know is there is a vast difference in the quality of awnings. Often times when quoting an awning people seem somewhat stunned at the price, possibly due to seeing a cheaply made awning with China components advertised at a ridiculously low price. Unfortunately you get what you pay for.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Our most common installations are for residential. However, more and more restaurants and commercial buildings are having retractable awnings installed. A very common sight in Europe. Living in Texas retractable awnings makes the outdoors more enjoyable by reducing the sunshine and heat.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
How do you pick one particular project? Over the years it seems that each and every project is special. We have terrific customers and leave knowing they are going to be enjoying our awnings for years to come.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
The potential customer should have a fairly good idea of where they would like to have the awning placed. And again, realize that there is drastic price differences between the good awnings versus the cheap imitations.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
It is very important that customer ask the following: How long have you been doing this? Where are the awning components made? Unfortunately most of the low end awnings get their components from China or Mexico and although the awning is cheaper the don't last very long.
- What brands or products do you work with?
We are the authorized dealer for Sunesta Awning and Shade systems. Located in Jacksonville, Florida, Sunesta is known for their high quality.