Areas of service:Buffalo, Rochester, Lockport, Tonawanda, Webster, North Tonawanda, Fairport, Pittsford, Lancaster, Orchard Park, Depew, Canandaigua, Batavia, Geneva and Hilton.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Rx Handyman
Complete Remodeling and Repair Services
Request an estimate
Rx Handyman - Hilton, NY
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Jeff Thomas may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Rx Handyman
Rx Handyman is owned by its parent company, Thomas Renovations.
Rx Handyman provides handyman and repair services at an hourly rate. We offer complete remodeling and repair services for residential and commercial customers. We also offer additions and interior/exterior remodeling
We do not use subcontractors so as to keep our workmanship at the highest possible quality levels.
Our service area is Monroe and the surrounding counties of Rochester, New York.
Thomas Renovations has been providing building and remodeling services to residential and commercial customers since 1988.
Questions and answers
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
Almost all of my skills have been self taught. For some individuals, once they learn how to do something they can become very proficient at it. Being a perfectionist is quite helpful in that respect.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
The completion of a custom home with many custom artwork designed and built into the finished floors and ceilings.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
Licensed New York State Home Inspector
- What brands or products do you work with?
We try to use only high-quality brand name products, but ultimately, it is the decision of the customer.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Not all contractors are the same. Some are just good salespeople looking for quick money. Some are "contractors" because they recently lost a job or are looking for more income. For some of us, it is our life and joy. We are the professionals who do this work because we are good at it, and we love what we do.
- How did you get started?
I started framing homes in the mid 1980s, and after a couple of years, I had the yearning for more knowledge, so I worked for a few remodeling contractors before I started my own business. And many of the skills I learned were self-taught.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
The number of projects done per year depend completely on the size and scope of the jobs contracted for.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Staying put and remodeling is usually better financially if you like your home and area in which you live.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
We specialize in all areas of building and remodeling for the home and business clientele. We have spent many years honing our skills in all trades so that we could provide the ultimate in service to our customers.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
How long have you been in business ?
What types of work do you perform ?
We offer complete building, remodeling, and repair services.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
All of our services are available to our customers at any time.
After the work has been completed, there should be no need for callback work orders as we complete the work to the customers complete satisfaction. If there is a problem, we return and fix the issue, whether it was our mistake or not. That's just good business, and happy customers make for good referrals.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Potential customers need to have a basic understanding of what they want as the finished product. The contractor should be able to provide the customer with the remaining information.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
There never seems to be the "common" jobs. Year after year, the jobs are always changing. Sometimes there may be several of the same jobs in a row , but because of the diversity of services provided by our company, there really isn't a common job.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
How many years have you been in business?
What skills and services can you provide?
Do you utilize subcontractors?
Do you guarantee your workmanship?
Can you provide referrals and photos?