S.A.H. Building and Remodeling
Areas of service:Saginaw, Midland and Merrill
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact S.A.H. Building and Remodeling
Where quality meet value
Request an estimate
S.A.H. Building and Remodeling - Merrill, MI
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Steve Hax may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About S.A.H. Building and Remodeling
S.A.H. Building and Remodeling is a residential and light commercial construction company. We are a State of Michigan licensed contractor. We are also insured, protecting you and your home if the unthinkable happens.
To name some of what we do:
- Pole Barns
- 3 season rooms
- Full Remodels
- Finished Basements
- Doors (interior, exterior and storm)
Don't like the layout of the interior of your home? We can change it.
We are a referral based company. Our goal is to leave every customer so completely satisfied that they will go out of their way to show off and refer us to friends, neighbors and family!
Questions and answers
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
We are RRP certified, it is an EPA/HUD safety program. It is required for all contractors to have that work on pre 1978 homes containing lead paint.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
Large and small jobs, we probably average around 80 jobs per year.Everything from just a storm door to a complete renovation.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Try to have as much information as you can ready to show the contractor about the project you wish to have done.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Common jobs are roofing, siding, windows, doors, painting, decks, new ceiling fans and lights and new flooring.
- What brands or products do you work with?
We use all of the major brands, it all depends on the customers personal preferences, and budget, but we do not use the low end stuff , you get what you pay for , and its my experience that the cheap stuff is usually junk.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
A three season room , we converted a covered porch into a much more functional part of the home , and it was a fun job.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
Are you licensed and insured?..........................Yes
Do you have references?................................Yes
How long have you been doing this?...................17 years
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
A person can save a lot of money by doing some things them selves, painting, demolition, wallpaper, maybe they have a friend that's an electrician......
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
We have a 5 year warranty on labor, if something goes wrong because of our labor on your project, we will fix it.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I take a lot of pride in my work , and what i do. This is not temporary for me, I'm in this for the duration , and I love it!
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
A lot of times a customer only sees the 2 hours a contractor spent at there home, they don't see the thousands of dollars of tools, the insurance , gas, paper work, vehicle maintenance, phone book fees, maybe a little advertisement, licensing fees, classes, office supplies, cell phone, computer, internet connection, taxes and training.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
We specialize in windows, doors, siding, decks, and porches. We get a lot of them and enjoy doing them. We do much more though.
- How did you get started?
Working in Florida with my father as a teen in the construction industry, I learned I liked to build and modify homes and businesses.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
Always ask if they are licensed and insured, and only the unlicensed get insulted if you ask for proof.