Areas of service:Kansas City, Topeka, Kansas City, Overland Park, Olathe, Lawrence, Saint Joseph, Shawnee, Manhattan, Salina, Lenexa, Leavenworth, Leawood, Mission, Emporia, Junction City, Prairie Village and Wamego.
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Shaw Studios
Request an estimate
Shaw Studios - Wamego, KS
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Kim Shaw may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Shaw Studios
My name is Kim and I graduated from Emporia State University with a BFA in Photography. I am looking for new clients to expand my photography business.
I photograph anything; from family, maternity, newborns, boudoir, engagements to weddings and any other session you can think of.
My regular sessions are priced at $75 a session that last two hours and weddings are priced at $400. Then I edit your photographs and put them all on a cd.
Then I also print out a copyright and send them to you so you can print the photos at any location you would like so you pay me no extra to print your photos so it is cheaper on you.
I am located in Wamego, Kansas and if you meet me in town there is no additional charge, if you wish for me to go to you there will be an additional .40 cents a mile added to the price.
Questions and answers
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
In 2011 I received my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photography from Emporia State University, they have a wonderful program.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
They want to know the prices of my sessions. All my sessions are $75 and my Weddings are $400 plus .40 cents per mile to get to the location.
- How did you get started?
After taking photography and yearbook in high school I went to college and continued to take photography classes as electives and eventually changed my major so that I majored in photography.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I have only done two weddings so far in my career but, Weddings are by far my favorite because it is on of the most memorable day in a person's life.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
I have done many different photo shoots so far. I have done two weddings and many different maternity sessions as well as children sessions.
- What brands or products do you work with?
I use a Nikon D80 camera and I produce my videos using animoto software. Also my website is on wix that I edit frequently.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Know what kind of photographer you are looking for as well as having in mind the types of photos that you are wanting.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
- How much do you charge per session?
- what do I need to do to get my photos printed?
- How much experience have you had so far in your career?
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
To use me as a photographer because my session fees are only $75 and then you receive a CD with all your photos on it so that you pay me no extra for printing fees.
- How many projects do you average in a year?
This is really my first year starting out, so far this year I have done two maternity sessions and four children sessions.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
I believe that each time I do another maternity session the photos continue to get better each time. So I am happy that my photos continue to get better.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
Anyone can take a good photos but that doesn't mean that everyone is a photographer. Some people believe that photographers don't do much but they are wrong.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
I provide many discounts for continued customers as well as running many different specials that I come up with throughout the year.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
There are a lot of common jobs in photography. But me personally I have done more maternity sessions than I have any other session.