Small Engine Man
Areas of service:Waukesha, New Berlin, Oconomowoc, Muskego, Pewaukee and Eagle
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
- Fixr Bronze Member
Contact Small Engine Man
Small Engine Repairs
Request an estimate
Small Engine Man - Eagle, WI
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Greg Mueller may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Small Engine Man
Small Engine Man specializes in full lawn and garden repair services. We do pickups or at-home repairs.
We are skilled in performing:
- Blade Sharping
- All Repairs
- And More
We clean, tune-up and fix your mower so you can enjoy it for years to come. We have been in business since 1990.
If you are in need of small engine repairs, feel free to contact us!
Questions and answers
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Tuneups are the most i do. Repairs for broken parts. Lots of belts they break a lot. Bearings in the deck good bad also
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
I had a guy ask if i could paint his lawn mower to look like a cow, so he could hide it in his field. So some white paint and black spots he had a mowing cow.
- How did you get started?
Small engine classes, then fixing the neighbors and then everyone telling me to fix them professionally.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
That small engines are very hard to work on sometimes. The belts get routed differnt ways all the time,and you never know how they do it.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
I stand by all my work for 30 days. We take pride in our work and will always stand behind it. We have a small number of comebacks.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
When will i get my lawn mower back? I have about a 4 day time frame, why cause parts sometimes take a long time to come. most i can get done in 2 days.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
- What kind of parts are you putting in, OEM or aftermarket?
- How long have you been doing this?
- Have you seen a problem like mine before?
- How many projects do you average in a year?
400 to 800 mowers a year we repair and service. We can handle about 5 riders 8 push mowers a day.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
- Carb Rebuilds
- Motor Rebuilds
- Full Mower Tune-ups
We service all major brands, we wash all equipment.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Fixing your old lawn mower will save you money, but also service them at least once a year. The old in a small engine thins out very quickly. So changing the oil will save you money.
- What brands or products do you work with?
Briggs & Stratton, Tecumseh, Kohler, Toro, Mtd, Honda, Simplicity, Weedeaters, Chainsaws, Stihl, Dirt bikes and Go-carts.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
the model number is the best thing you could have with you. With that i can find out all the parts you will need.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I was born and raised in Elkhorn Wis, Father of 2 sons one 7 and the other is 2. Live in Eagle Wisconsin.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
I have my masters in Briggs & Stratton. Kohler, Toro, Simplicity, Tecumseh I have been to the school for.
May 15, 2012
I have used this company many times both personally as well as through my business. Their service is top notch. They are always available and get service work done quickly and at a very high quality. They have saved me many times when in a pinch due to a breakdown of equipment. I would strongly recommend them for all of your service and repair needs. Give them a call. I promise that you will not be disappointed!- Mortensen