South Coast Computer Repair
Areas of service:New Bedford, Fall River, Taunton and Bristol
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact South Coast Computer Repair
In-Home Computer Repair
Request an estimate
South Coast Computer Repair - New Bedford, MA
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Eric Stotts may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About South Coast Computer Repair
South Coast Computer Repair provides in-home computer repair and virus removal services to individuals and business customers located in Southern Massachusetts and Eastern Rhode Island.
We are a member of the New Bedford Area Chamber of Commerce and we provide upfront pricing on our full list of services.
Feel free to contact us today!
Questions and answers
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
Definitely the operating system you use, what the symptoms of the problem are, and any error message your received written down word for word. If you know any of the other technical details (motherboard type, processor, RAM, etc) it's always helpful but if you don't know it, don't worry about it.
- What types of jobs are the most common?
For us it's virus removal. They've gotten very good at making software to mess up systems and making it very hard to remove.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
I wrote my first piece of software when I was 9. It was a DOS based darts game that generated random numbers for both you and the computer and it was pretty high tech at the time.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
What the cost is going to be?
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
That there is a lot of background work that goes into solving computer problems. People in the computer repair profession didn't just wake up one day and know how to fix computers. They've spend years searching the internet, reading books, in school, and just generally working with computers. Like most professions it's those years of experience that you're paying for.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
Call us! No, in all seriousness just be careful who you call. If you have a friend or relative that can fix your computer, great. But if you go with a company like ours, explain that you're looking to get it done as cheap as possible. Local companies have local people working for them who may understand your situation and you may be able to get a small break on the price. Either way it never hurts to ask.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
We focus mostly on hardware and software related issues on PC's. We do not however deal with Apple computers or phones.
- What are the most frequent questions you get from customers? What are the answers?
Probably, how did I get this virus on my machine? It's usually from online game sites or an email attachment they open.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
We follow up within a month to make sure everything is running well. We also provide a 30-day guarantee on all of our work except virus removal.
For virus removal we provide a 30-day guarantee as long as the customer has purchased a reputable anti-virus software (whether it's through us or on their own).