Areas of service:Boise, Nampa, Meridian and Caldwell
- Email verified
- Fixr reviewed
Contact Spectrum Painting
Quality Painting Services
Request an estimate
Spectrum Painting - Meridian, ID
- You'll be asked to describe what you need.
- You'll be asked to provide your details so that Eric Jorgensen may contact you.
- You'll get estimates from other qualified service professionals.
About Spectrum Painting
Spectrum Painting specializes in exterior house painting and staining.
We provide high-quality work in the Treasure Valley.
We have had a 100% success rate on client satisfaction.
We have reference letters and pictures available for anyone interested.
Contact us for all your painting needs.
Questions and answers
- How many projects do you average in a year?
On average we expect to have about 20-30 homes in a given year. However, that is a number that will increase over the upcoming years.
- Tell us about the project or job that you are most proud of (in the last 12 months).
This summer, 2012, has collectively been fantastic. We are having a busy summer full of clientele. Each house we have done has been a huge success and we eagerly look onward to our upcoming projects.
Although we have been proud of all of our work, we hold a strong preference to the homes that we have done complete color changes for. It's immensely satisfying to see a home in dire need of a paint job go over a complete transformation.
- What do you wish customers knew about your profession or trade?
The number one thing we wish customers knew about our trade is the realization the the quatlity of paint does hold an immense impact on the overall work. Many contractors use cheap paints and its a myth to believe that all paints are the same.
The thicker your paint is, the better. Your paint protects your house from harmful UV rays. Your paint protects from abrasive weather conditions such as rain or wind.
The thickness of your paint and the quality of the prep work done on your house will dictate if you need to paint again in 5 years or 20. literally.
- What information do you recommend to have readily available before looking for a professional in your trade?
We want you to take a real and honest look at your house. How complicated does it look to paint? is there a lot of obstructions in the way that the painters will have to protect from paint? How high are your painters going to work? How many cracks in the wood are there? How much paint is peeling?
We just ask to be as realistic about the cost of a paint job. A good paint job is a huge investment, but done right, it comes with many benefits.
this is our formula for cost:
Cheap Pricing = repaint in about five years
Expensive Pricing = repaint in as late as 20 years
We provide the information and materials for the estimate. We just ask you take a detailed look of your home and ask us many, many questions.
- What brands or products do you work with?
We have partnered with Sherwin-Willaims paint and recieved our pricing from them. However the brand is not set in stone, as customers prefer a specific brand of paint every now and then.
- What services do you provide your customers after the work has finished?
We carry two services that our customers have the benefit of enjoying:
1) Two Year Gaurantee- We maintain the life of the paint job on your home for up to two years. This gaurantee covers spot priming (only on exposed bare wood), along with a single coat of paint. All materials and labor included.
2) Five Year Gaurantee- Often times a little more costly, the benefit comes with peace of mind knowing that for a full FIVE years, the quality of your paint job is protected. All materials and labor included.
- Tell us something customers may not know about you.
We have goals. We have ambitions. We have painting in mind as a career. We would love to get into management and build a real business and deliver to our customers promises that other contractors fail to do.
On the other hand, we are not just painters. We are athletes, hold college education, and we volunteer and contribute to the community.
- What questions should a customer ask before hiring a professional in your trade?
1) Theres a million painters out there. What makes you different from the rest?
2) Is your work gauranteed/warrantied?
3) What kind of paint will be used on my home?
4) From start to finish, what is your painting process?
5) Do you carry insurance? (workmans compensation and general liability)
6)Do you have pictures of prior jobs or letters of recommendation?
7) Outside of painting, what are some personal accomplishment? (A well rounded painter should be able to answer this one).
8) Do you require an upfront deposit before start of job?
9) Is there additional issues with our home that we should be concerned about? (ie, chalky surface require additional prep, broken boards replaced, ect..)
10) How do you hire your employees?
- What types of jobs are the most common?
Exterior and interior house painting are the most common. We find about 95% of our jobs to be exterior, however we only do interior under certain circumstances.
- What areas of your trade do you specialize in?
Giving long-lasting, gauranteed work for Exterior House Painting. This includes in-depth prep work, spot prime or full primer coats, full coat of high quality paint, and clean worksmanship.
- What would you recommend customers looking to save money?
There are two parts of a paint job worth considering. The prep work (sanding/scraping loose paint, priming, etc..) and the type of paint to use.
If a customers wants to save money, we recommend using a lower grade of paint. If anything the money should be spent in ensuring good prep is done. If the prep work is not done right, it doesnt matter what kind of paint you use, because it will fail within the first two years.
- What certifications or professional affiliations do you have?
We are Lead Certified (for renovations), Hold safety certificates, and basic CPR/First Aid training.
- How did you get started?
Spectrum Painting was started by two college students looking to pay for college, Eric and Marcus.
Eric Jorgensen grew up in a family of painters where he learned the trade through his father of 30 years experience. Growing up in the trade, Eric believed this to be a great opportunity to put his entrprenuerial skills to the test and start his own company. Eric is currently an undergraduate majoring in accounting and management. Eric also has athletic achievements, being recognized nationwide as a high school wrestler. Eric also continued to wrestle for Boise State.
Marcus DeLeon found his place in painting through a college internship that taught managerial skills. Wanting to utilize his skills, Marcus met Eric and the two decided to start Spectrum Painting. Marcus comes from a family of devoted work ethic, having spent two years in Chile on a mission. Growing in character and discipline, Marcus has done an outstanding job in serving his clients and giving them the best paint jobs. Marcus is also an undergraduate at Boise State, studying as a Chemistry Major. As we all know, Chemistry and painting work very well together in creating an educated painter.